Id like to achieve this color..any suggestions?

As most of you know I do m&p soaps and do pretty well color wise...I have wanted this mold for a couple of years and finally got it..I would like to achieve the color of the roses on the top..I have tried every red I can think of..anyone have any suggestions?

0d2f_1.JPG

Only time I've ever gotten deep red like that was with DragonLily colors, now sold by Soap Silly. Extreme Red.

But will it come out that red using opaque mp base? or only the clear will work?

But will it come out that red using opaque mp base? or only the clear will work?

It worked in CP, so I don't know why it wouldn't work in a white MP base. If I have time tomorrow, I'll try a small bit.

Have you tried the "True Red" from KB?

http://www.kangarooblue.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=507

I admit I have not tried it, but I have been looking at it since it says it is a true red that works in CP and MP.

I bought that one to try but never used it, for lack of faith. It has some kind of opacifier in it. I mixed it into water and found I could get an identical effect with SS violet red + muted red + titanium dioxide. I'd swear that's pretty much what it is. God knows how much you'd have to use to get a deep color -- the stuff is deep pink straight out of the bottle.

I bought that one to try but never used it, for lack of faith. It has some kind of opacifier in it. I mixed it into water and found I could get an identical effect with SS violet red + muted red + titanium dioxide. I'd swear that's pretty much what it is. God knows how much you'd have to use to get a deep color -- the stuff is deep pink straight out of the bottle.

Well now Top, you must use it and let us know. I've been looking at it and thinking of getting some to try since I am very challenged when it comes to getting a true red. I always end up with pink. :sad2: I'll have to try your mixture of the SS colors and TD. Thanks for the tip.