IGI 4794 fragrance load = 3%-6%; anybody ever tried more?

I've personally used 9% load with that wax without any real issues unless I was using a vanilla scent or something really heavy. I believe, although I can't access it on IGI's website, the max load is 9% for that wax. :)

It depends on the FO too. The ones I use are generally supposed to be used at 1/2-1 oz per lb of wax (3-6%) according to the manufacturer's instruction. I don't just go with what the wax can hold, but also what the FO usage rate is supposed to be.

You CAN put in as much as you want. You may have wax soup, but it's possible. LOL The max % load from the mfg is supposed to be the highest of the range that will bind with the wax as I understand it.

It will vary some anyway depending on what FO you use, any additives, different conditions, etc. However, more is not always better.

You can add more FO to the wax and have it mix in fine, but it doesn't mean you will automatically get a better scent throw. It does mean though that it will cost you more to make the candle. So you have to decide for yourself if it gives you enough improvemnt to justify the added expense.

You CAN put in as much as you want. You may have wax soup, but it's possible. LOL The max % load from the mfg is supposed to be the highest of the range that will bind with the wax as I understand it.

It will vary some anyway depending on what FO you use, any additives, different conditions, etc. However, more is not always better.

You can add more FO to the wax and have it mix in fine, but it doesn't mean you will automatically get a better scent throw. It does mean though that it will cost you more to make the candle. So you have to decide for yourself if it gives you enough improvemnt to justify the added expense.

You said it all. With prices out the roof on everything I'd be looking for the BEST FO's at 6% or less....;)

tootie