HTP wicks for jj's with ez soy and no color.

ok so i have been using hemp wicks, well i decided to stop coloring my candles and now the wicks are burning too hot, i have wanted to switch to new wicks for awhile now so i am guessing this is a good time, cuz i would have to retest with new hemp wicks anyway..

so i am using ezsoy wax, and the 8 ounce jelly jars.. what htp wick/s do u recommend me trying out first to start off my new testings ?? tia

thanks :D i wanted to order them through NG cuz im gonna have a big order in the next week, but they dont seem to offer a big variety of wicks for the htp ones they have 31, 52, 73, 83 , 104, 1212 ..

from research i have done seems most ppl use 104 or 105

thanks, this is sooo weird, i didnt think not coloring candles would be so much of a difference in the wicks...

i made a chocolate covered cherry candle, great CT i lit it yesterday and after about 2 hours i had full melt pool and a depth of melted wax about 1/2 inch.. now it was in my bedroom about 15 X 15 area and HT was great !! but it is burning quicker than what it did when i had colored candles.. now i just an hour and a half ago re lit it for my second burn. within an hour i had full melt pool with almost a half inch of melted wax.. but no HT it just smelled like hot wax.... it was great yesterday but not today..

but i know the wicks are burning too quick now since i dont have color in the wax now.. but this is just bugging me, any advice?

it was a hemp 1400... but it just didnt seem right, im gonna lit a rapsberry zinger candle i have made here ina little bit and test it out too ..

my dh said he smelled the chocolate covered cherries until i blew it out , maybe i just had a candle nose there for a bit ??

thanks.. the raspberry zinger is wicked with a 1400 so i will burn that to test and see how it does too, and then re lite the chocolate covered cherries for the 3rd burn and take pics off all of them, maybe it is just me thinking it is burning too hot, but it is burning different without color in them..

i remember the 1200's always left wax on the sides of the jars before with most of the scents but that was when they were colored, maybe without them being colored they would do better,

something is deff up with these wicks, i started burning the raspberry zinger and within 45 minutes i had a melt pool all the way across, within an hour and a half i had a melt pool of 1/4 inch.. these are burning way too fast and will not give me a HT just smells like hot wax, even my hubby said it this time, but the candle has a great CT .. the only thing i did differently was, i usually order my wicks through BCN but i had made an order at NG and just bought them there with this order, can the wicks be that much different from different suppliers ? i ask this cuz i went and looked at compared NG to BCN's and they have different info for the wicks.. like different diameters for the jars..

ugh what to do what to do, i have never had this problem before, and the only thing different are the wicks are from a different company...

idea's or advice anyone ??

the only thing i did differently was, i usually order my wicks through BCN but i had made an order at NG and just bought them there with this order, can the wicks be that much different from different suppliers ?

*Dee* - IMPO, wicks can be different, and will burn different, from different suppliers.

I try stick to one supplier for my wicks.:sad2:

I would order the ones you use from BCN again and see if that helps..

thanks, it has to be that, cuz i cant see not coloring my candles making this big of a difference, i figured there would be some difference but this is huge.. the wicks looked different than the ones from bcn too..

spacegirl which cd's do you recommend me trying first ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dee,

I use c-3 and the 104s are perfect for the jelley jar.......I tried the 105 but the jar got too hot. If you try the 8 0z sq. mason the 105s are perfect.

Though I don't use ezsoy at the time when I was testing that wax the 104s worked great in the jelly jar....Hope that gives you a starting point..

Trappeur