Additives and Scent Throw

Just curious (read that as desperate to know) about which additives increase scent throw in a straight paraffin pillar? Top, I hope that you'll read and reply to this as I consider you the board expert in all things chemical (or should that be alchemical?).

I would definitely classify scent throw under the heading of alchemy, not to mention the secrets of the pyramids. All the things that influence it and how they influence it are pretty complex, so I don't feel I have a good handle on it in general or in connection with additives. They can affect throw for better or for worse under certain circumstances, but I don't think there is one that is known to just generally increase it.

Additives can increase the scent throw in the big picture, but not directly. Additives increase the amount of FO a wax can bind with. The more FO in the wax, the better the scent throw (to a certain extent). I think I just confused myself...LOL :tiptoe:

Correction... Additives could possibly help scent throw directly, just not to my knowledge, which isnt's saying a whole lot...LOL

I would definitely classify scent throw under the heading of alchemy, not to mention the secrets of the pyramids.

That's it - that's what I've been doing wrong!!!! I need to sit under a pyramid while I add my FO. How could I have not seen it before. Thanks, Top. Oh, and does standing on one leg help or would you consider that overkill?

That's it - that's what I've been doing wrong!!!! I need to sit under a pyramid while I add my FO. How could I have not seen it before. Thanks, Top. Oh, and does standing on one leg help or would you consider that overkill?

Actually, you should also wave a dead chicken over your pour pots. And make sure your chakras are balanced. :laugh2:

Actually, you should also wave a dead chicken over your pour pots. And make sure your chakras are balanced. :laugh2:

Thanks for the tip. Dare I ask how you came across your "dead chicken" and more to the point, why you kept it (apart from its mystical powers in the matter of scent throw, of course)?

Heavens, don't stand on one leg whatever you do. That would ruin everything.

Those strange angular postures you see in the ancient artworks are actually candlemaking positions. Just put on an old Bangles album and walk like an Egyptian.

Those strange angular postures you see in the ancient artworks are actually candlemaking positions. Just put on an old Bangles album and walk like an Egyptian.

I suppose that you do know that the Bangles are currently touring Australia (or was that simply your psychic powers kicking in?)!

:laugh2::D:yay: I am try that next time. :tiptoe:

:laugh2:

I think some FOs have better scent throw than others 'cuz they're inherently stronger. For example, Peak's Rose Bouquet will scent 2 floors of my townhouse, whereas I can hardly smell ... say, Tuscan Night, also by Peak's.