Does anyone know if IGI...

fixed the problem with the IGI 6006? I searched through threads and found ones about the problems last summer and fall but didn't find anything about recent batches being OK...I'm wanting to test it, but not if the bad stuff is still out there. TIA!

I am one of the people who had problems with it last summer. I have since gotten about 20 cases with 2 different batch numbers and they were all fine. No problems with it at all.:yay: :yay:

Rae

Does anyone know the approx. ratio of para to soy in this wax? I called Peaks today and asked and at first the girl on the phone told me it was all paraffin, but their site says it is a para/veggie blend. I asked what the veggie part meant and she said it's probably soy, but the manufacturer doesn't release that information. I read on the CS site that it's a para/soy blend...color me confused...LOL!

Peaks also told me it's a two pour blend...are you 6006 users having to do two pours?

No problems here either. I don't do repours on 6006 either. easier to heat gun the glass around the top of the candle, then quickly smooth the surface without melting the primed wick. I use zinc wicks though and they handle the heat gun better than other wicks. I get sink holes on some jars though, but again, the heat gun corrects the problems if used carefully. 6006 isn't giving me any problems.

I think it's around a 80% paraffin - 20% soy ration, or 75% - 25%. I think the veggie is more like crisco or botanical oils, than actual soy. You really can't tell there is much (if any) soy in there. That's just my opinion though.

I love 6006! It makes an awesome candle.