LLC from The Scent Works

Cindy/WI

What % are you useing with this FO? I used 8% and all I can smell is pledge cleaner? I really thought with all the good reviews on this FO it would of been a whole lot better than it is. I don't think I'll even be able to test burn this candle it smells that bad to me. tia!!

Thanks Scented, All I have to say is if you haven't don't bother it's nasty!!! lol

I have to say that I totally agree. Everyone raves about this FO and yet to me, it smells just like Lemon Pledge. YUCK!! I've not smelled it in wax though - just in B&B.

I use it at 6% in J50 and it sells like hotcakes for me. I am also using it in B&B, air fresheners, etc. I guess it depends on the market. I think it far from smells like Pledge--I love lemon curd and it has a very true scent.

I use it at 6% in J50 and it sells like hotcakes for me. I am also using it in B&B, air fresheners, etc. I guess it depends on the market. I think it far from smells like Pledge--I love lemon curd and it has a very true scent.

Well then Lemon Curd must smell like Lemon Pledge. LOL Or at least it would to me because that is what the LLC smells like so I won't buy it. I guess that just means more for you LLC fans. Getting it in stuff in swaps was enough for me. lol

I'm with you Meridith, I'm so glad I didn't get 1lb. of this stuff. I think I'm just going to melt down the container I made and dump it in the trash. If I do decide to try making another one I'll drop my % down to maybe 6% and see if it's any better. oob I didn't think it was too bad but once it hit the wax it gagged me then when I zapped it with my heat gun it was just plain nasty smelling. lol

Well then Lemon Curd must smell like Lemon Pledge. LOL Or at least it would to me because that is what the LLC smells like so I won't buy it. I guess that just means more for you LLC fans. Getting it in stuff in swaps was enough for me. lol

Cindy before giving up on the scent, try mixing some other FO's into it. Try a little vanilla,for a Lemon Sugar, or maybe raspberry for a Raspberry Lemonade, Blueberry is good with lemon also. :cool2:

First off, everyone has a different perception of scent.

Just because someone has a view that isn't the same as yours, doesn't make them wrong. If we all thought and acted the same exact way, dear God, how boring we'd all be.

I also think this smells like furniture polish, but not in all applications. I totally adore it in lotions and scrubs. But not in candles or CP soap.

Backwoods Lemon Tart is really nice as well, if you wanted to try a lower cost alternative.