CD 16 in a 3 1/2" container

I know that there is a plethora of posts regarding wicks on this forum, but I have been searching them for over an hour looking for something to help me out.

The problem is that I have 10 oz apothecary jars with about a 3 1/2" diameter. I am using C-3 wax, no additives or color and a 9% FO. First I tried using LX 22 based on a wicking chart, it was not successful. So now I am trying CD 16 based off another wicking chart recommendation. I just finished my 4th burn test (each lasting 3 hours) and the meltpool is all off to one side (the direction of the curve in the wick) I just poured a new candle to test with the wick off centered, but read many posts where customers were not satisfied with the look. Some one mentioned "twisting" the wicks after placing them to get an even burn. I am not really sure what this entails. Should I just give in and double wick the jars. If so, any recommendations on what size wicks to use in that jar (double wicked).

Thanks,

Jaymo

Hi,

I use a CDN 20 or 22 in my 10oz apocathery jars. Just recently I tried using 2 x CDN 10's and that worked out fine also.

I am even going to try 2 x CDN 8's and see how that goes.

Is it Satin Ducky that I have noticed using CDN's?? She may be able to help also. I think she understands the difference between CDN and CD's....(hope it's her...hehehhe)

Cheers,

Hells

Hi,

I use a CDN 20 or 22 in my 10oz apocathery jars. Just recently I tried using 2 x CDN 10's and that worked out fine also.

I am even going to try 2 x CDN 8's and see how that goes.

Is it Satin Ducky that I have noticed using CDN's?? She may be able to help also. I think she understands the difference between CDN and CD's....(hope it's her...hehehhe)

Cheers,

Hells

Nope, sorry, not me. I don't think I've ever even tried CDN's.. and I definitely know I've never used C-3 so I'm no help :(

Thanks circle, I am ordering a kit of LXs and CDs today. So I am bound to have some luck eventually :grin2: I also just ordered four new tumblers to sample so I will definately need all the wicks I can get.

Looks like its gonna be a busy week.

Jay