What's a good jar for wickless candles?

candlelady

Hi!

I am adding these to my line and am wondering what is a good jar to use for these? I prefer something wide and not real tall. Something that can cover the heat surface pretty well.

I made some in Tureens, 11 oz. that are selling well, but my candles are country in style.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Carrie

I think the metal tins are the best for scent throw -- although they are not very country. But, I also like the 8 oz. tureen jars -- melts easier than the 11 oz. tureens. There is another quaty jar that looks like a hex but it is wider and squaty...don't know what they call it. I also thing there is a jar that looks kinda like what I think is called a barrel jar but it is the short version. Sorry I am at a loss for the names of these jars.

OK, here is the 12 oz. classic jar, 292ml (approx. 8 oz.) but can only find them at candlesoylutions for .80 cents each! Know of any other supplier that sells these? I kinda like them. Front row, far left.

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/closeup.asp?cid=39&pid=861&offset=0

I have searched for the Elite Ball Squatty Mason Jar, but cannot find them thru a supplier. Found some at goodmans and another site, but they want $6.49 for 4 of them plus shipping....

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Carrie

OK, here is the 12 oz. classic jar, 292ml (approx. 8 oz.) but can only find them at candlesoylutions for .80 cents each! Know of any other supplier that sells these? I kinda like them. Front row, far left.

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/closeup.asp?cid=39&pid=861&offset=0

I have searched for the Elite Ball Squatty Mason Jar, but cannot find them thru a supplier. Found some at goodmans and another site, but they want $6.49 for 4 of them plus shipping....

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Carrie

The link that you gave....those are the ones! Thanks.

Thanks again everyone~!

I decided on the Elite Ball Mason Jars the squatty ones, 8 oz size. I did find them at Fillmore Container and purchased 24 4 packs. With shipping they were $1.40 each. A little high, but it's a cool jar and will fit in perfectly with my other candles.

Have a great weekend all!

Carrie

In addition, a lot of Wal-Marts will order things for you. I've had the department manager order jars for me in the past. But, from posts on here, it does seem to vary from one store to the next as to how cooperative they are about that!

Anyway, if they will order the price will be a good bit better than $1.40 each. I, too, love these jars but don't think they're worth that price.

HTH,

Jane

• 6 months later...