Question about Palm Kernal Flakes

deb12c

Are Palm Kernal flakes the same as 'Palm Kernal' (NOT palm Kernal oil) on the lye calculator? I think I read somewhere that they were but I want to be sure. I did a search and couldn't find where I read it.

Thank you! ;)

Thanks Meridith! I thought so but wanted to be sure. I'm off to make soap. I ususlly make CP but I am trying HP today, wish me luck ;) I want it to be usuable sooner than CP. I am making it for my grandson with the Lemon Dream Deet Buster, (the same that is in the co-op) the bugs just love to bite him. And I have to say... this stuff smells pretty good, better than I expected. I hope it works as well as they say it does. I bought a pound of it LOL

Palm oil and Palm KERNEL oil are different.

But Palm Kernel and Palm Kernel OIL would be the same.

The difference is in the KERNEL

Deb12c asked if Palm Kernal (not PALM) was the same as Palm Kernal Flakes. Not sure if you read that correctly or not. ;)

It turned out well :yay: and it smells nice, not real strong. I used 1 oz PPO I hope it keeps the bugs from biting him. I think I will make him some whipped shea with it just for 'extra' protection. I will let you know if it works. I finally made my first HP soap.

I love the idea of being able to use this right away (HP). I will give my daughter a bar to use on him and let the rest cure for a little while. I already have it out of the mold it is still very warm. I will cut it in a little while.

I have palm kernal flakes in every soap recipe I make and love them. And there are so easy to store without having to refrigerate.

I heard that using PKF instead of coconut oil was more gentle. I don't know if that is true or not, but it sure was a lot easier to use. Just pour instead of dig and scoop. ;)

It turned out well :yay: and it smells nice, not real strong. I used 1 oz PPO I hope it keeps the bugs from biting him. I think I will make him some whipped shea with it just for 'extra' protection. I will let you know if it works. I finally made my first HP soap.

I love the idea of being able to use this right away (HP). I will give my daughter a bar to use on him and let the rest cure for a little while. I already have it out of the mold it is still very warm. I will cut it in a little while.

Woo hoo for you!! I've been wanting to make a bug off soap since I make a spray. It's good to know that it smells good in soap since I've wondered about that. Glad it went well. :yay: