Has anyone ordered from the Jar Store?

soygirl

They do have decent prices if you are within a reasonable distance from them. And you have to order a CRAPLOAD in order to get a shipping discount. Their product is really good, too...the only thing I ran into with them, is since they import from China, they run out of stock A LOT and it could be weeks before they get it back in. Sooo..a couple of times when I tried to re-order, say my 10 oz. jars, they would say they were out of stock, and try to convince me that they're not big sellers...which cracks me up, because they'd do that everytime a jar was out of stock...and I know what sells and what doesn't, and then I'd run out of jars and be waiting 2-3 weeks before I finally ever got more. Very bad for business!!! So, I switched to fairway glass- their shipping is much cheaper and faster and their product is hardly ever out of stock. When it is, they get it back in stock right away and give you a discount. :) HTH!! Do request free samples from the jar store though!! Never can have too many free jars! :)

Michelle

I've spent like HOURS on the phone with this woman there. Paula...OMG did she drive me absolutely insane. Wanted me to order a full pallet which really isn't a huge discount from their current online prices. Not enough really for me to go that much deeper in my wallet...and try to find the space to store it all.

And I've also requested samples and didn't receive a darn thing.

I've spent like HOURS on the phone with this woman there. Paula...OMG did she drive me absolutely insane. Wanted me to order a full pallet which really isn't a huge discount from their current online prices. Not enough really for me to go that much deeper in my wallet...and try to find the space to store it all.

And I've also requested samples and didn't receive a darn thing.

Paula, she is relentless with the phone calls!!! I think she called me like every other day for about two weeks to see how I liked the samples, was I ready to buy, how many I wanted to purchase?? She started calling me BEFORE I even got the samples. Because of this I decided not to do business with them. I just didn't want the hassle. :tongue2: JMHO!!

Thanks for all the feedback. I currently get my apothecary jars from Fairway Glass, and they are great for quality and service, but Fairway doesn't carry bulb jars. Can anyone recommend a company that has 9 oz. bulb jars? I haven't had much luck finding places that carry them.

I'm looking for status jars - can anyone tell me where I can find them for reasonable prices? Also, does Michael's or a craft store sell jars and if so isn't it cheaper to buy them locally so you don't have to pay the shipping?

I use Fairway for my apoths as well and have been very pleased. I am currently searching for frosted apoths and tumblers. Anyone care to point me towards a good supplier? Thanks!

Kimberly

Fairway can do frosted, you have to email them for a quote though...HTH