Egyptian Musk

OverSoyed

A friend has been asking me for this scent, and I have noticed that Alabaster has it for $12.95/lb. Anyone ever tried it from them? I have been pretty pleased with their F/O's for the most part.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks! Finally someone can comment without going off on a tangent!:rolleyes2

I like their pricing as well, but as also, pricing can't dictate quality. I have tried about 6 or so of their F/O's and all have been winners. I think I'll give it a whirl.

I think it works well. I use in 100% soy. I love their prices at Alabaster, but a few of their oils are weak. I can't really compare to other places, as I haven't tried anything else. HTH

Thanks! Finally someone can comment without going off on a tangent!:rolleyes2

That was totally uncalled for.. IMHO. Now I have no desire to share with you my experience with Egyptian Musk.

Oversoyed,

I'm willing to share with you! I've been buying E. Musk for quite some time now and it's very nice. The fragrance is on the lighter side, not overbearing so I guess it all depends on what someone is looking for. I also have made soaps, lotions and body sprays with it and it's fantastic in them.

HTH

Thanks Toni!

I've never smelled it before, at least I don't think I have.

Alabasters description says that its a blend of musk, sandlewood, and patcholi. Not something I would like myself, but whatever pleases the customer right?! :laugh2:

My one friend is the one that wants it, he is Armenian. He said that the "scent brings back memories of home!"

Oversoyed,

I'm willing to share with you! I've been buying E. Musk for quite some time now and it's very nice. The fragrance is on the lighter side, not overbearing so I guess it all depends on what someone is looking for. I also have made soaps, lotions and body sprays with it and it's fantastic in them.

HTH

My ... umm... (thinks to self, can't say hubby, can't say partner)

The other male person who resides with me's mother like patcholi. I don't care for it, but it doesn't gross me out. Just not a personal preference.

I'll give it a try though, hopefully mine does as well for me as yours does for you.

My ... umm... (thinks to self, can't say hubby, can't say partner)

The other male person who resides with me's mother like patcholi. I don't care for it, but it doesn't gross me out. Just not a personal preference.

I'll give it a try though, hopefully mine does as well for me as yours does for you.

Sarcasm or sarcastic digs are never going to work. You just don't get that. It just adds fuel to the fire and makes it look like you are trolling for trouble, The sooner you understand that, the better it will be for you here. ;)

How about referring to your loved one as your Significant Other or SO? Maybe that won't be so objectionable to others? But I really think alot of it has to with HOW you say it. ;)

As for your question, I've never tried just a plain musk. Only a strawberry, vanilla musk blend. In soy, I'd give it at least 9 out of 10. (my own blend, 8%, HTP wicks, and ECOs.) Head shop from SS.

eta - typo

Hopefully this won't start another long winded discussion, though I'm sure it will.

But that is exactly my point! Why should I have to confirm to something that a random select few think I should. Just because they find it as you say "objectionable," shouldn't mean I should change how I refer to my loved one.

That would be like someone coming to you and saying... I dunno... you shouldn't wear your hair like that. Would you automatically run to the beauty shop and change it to suit them? My guess is no. It's your hair, you like it how it is, and to hell with others and what they think.

But as for your intended comment, thank you for your response!

Sarcasm or sarcastic digs are never going to work. You just don't get that. It just adds fuel to the fire and makes it look like you are trolling for trouble, The sooner you understand that, the better it will be for you here. ;)

How about referring to your loved one as your Significant Other or SO? Maybe that won't be so objectionable to others? But I really think alot of it has to with HOW you say it. ;)

As for your question, I've never tried just a plain musk. Only a strawberry, vanilla musk blend. In soy, I'd give it at least 9 out of 10. (my own blend, 8%, HTP wicks, and ECOs.) Head shop from SS.

eta - typo

As I said OS, I don't think it is what you say, rather how you say it. ;)

BTW the Head Shop at SS is worth trying. I'm not a fan of strawberry but this one is quite nice. I think its the musk that helps it.

Guest Amorelei

Hey, Meredith~is it your or Scented who is the big Sola's fan? I think it's Scented, but wasn't sure. They are going out of business in case you hadn't heard. Oh, and when was the party for the new moderator held? Apparently I wasn't invited, and that stings me.

Hey, Meredith~is it your or Scented who is the big Sola's fan? I think it's Scented, but wasn't sure. They are going out of business in case you hadn't heard. Oh, and when was the party for the new moderator held? Apparently I wasn't invited, and that stings me.

It's not me. I've never ordered them. Not sure what Solas has to do with this thread though.

Feel free to use the PM feature.

I wasn't in one of the Sola's threads?? Oh, my bad. I could have sworn that I was in one of the Sola's threads.

ROF, only 1 was going to wherever he was going. He just had a lot of pus... err... cats with him.

No worries...Scented is a big fan - I do use them on occasion.

Feel free to post any questions you have - one of us will do our best to answer you.

I know who has the best Egyptian Musk. And it ain't Alabaster.

A PM would be nice :grin2: I have one that I really love but it doesn't throw well in paraffin but it's terrific in B&B.