Calling All Tureen Users

Have you ever had a customer complain about the wasted wax at the bottom of these jars?

I was on another board and someone posted that they do not use these jars anymore because of the wasted wax at the bottom. They did not state that people were complaining about it but I was wondering if there have been any problems like this.

I only use them for wickless now, but years ago, I tried wicking them. I use only 3 mm wick necks to alleviate half the candle being left unburned. If you're using 6 mm necks or longer, most of the candle will be wasted in tureens.

They're pretty, but pretty useless for wicked candles, imo.

I use only 3 mm wick necks to alleviate half the candle being left unburned. If you're using 6 mm necks or longer, most of the candle will be wasted in tureens.

I know, I was kinda thinking that too. Might have to use the 3mm tabs.

I might have to nix the whole idea and just use them for wickless candles.

I have used 11 oz tureens for 4-5 yrs, doublewicked. They are a GREAT seller and I have never had any complaints about a little wax being left in bottom. We use 6mm tabs for safety. If my customers have been unhappy about wax in bottom, I guess they just put them on a warmer. The scent throw is amazing because of the wide meltpool and wide opening. Carole

• 9 months later...

I have been testing tureens, and not having alot of luck. They are leaving, 1/4 to 1/2 inch of wax in the bottom, I have consider trying smaller wick tabs. But I still have not found a wick to get a good melt pool. I have used 2 LX-14's, and that melts to much. drop it down to Lx 12's and not enough. I love these little jars, very cute, but am getting very fustrated with the testing of them. Any suggestions?????

I love my tureens. I get them from BC. They are not as wide at the bottom to where wax would be leftover as some other suppliers carry. If I have a 1/4" of wax left, just a safety precaution in my favor. I have never had a complaint.

When we have need for a wick tab that has a short neck, I will manufacture my own design of tab specific to the application we need it for. I have also designed and made my own design of wick bar that is self centering and wont move around. Works pretty well too. And it's applicable for any shape jar. At least my wife likes it. I've had to make about a dozen of them.