223 Wax UP yet again in DFW!

Waxes are going up faster than I can get to DFW to pick them up. 223 @ Lone Star just went up 7.20 a case on 10 cases.

Just "bit the bullet" and ordered a mxd pallet of 223/EZsoy/4794 delivered from BCS. This had better be enough to last thru Dec. The next wax buy will force my candle prices up a lot.

I'm not even planning for 2009, just too many unknowns. Carole

It amazes me how much it is going up. Mine was 64.00 a few months ago. They had to go up twice. Now it is 76.00 (6006) He said it was going up again. I can't remember how much. I think my brain blocked it out. I have to close my store this month. I will have to work at home with my website. I noticed the oils are going shy high too. One supplier is out of everything good. He is looking for cheaper prices. IGI sent a letter stating that at the end of the year, we may not be able to get wax. The by products they use for wax, is also the by products they are using to make fuel. Fuel will come first. I am thinking car freshners, sprays, oils, oil burners, everything that does NOT use wax. There will be a way. People love scent. We will find a way.

*DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER*

This seems like a good time to mentions this. At the TN Social last weekend a supplier informed us that IGI just announced that ALL their waxes will be going up by .06 per pound on June 1st! He said they usually give them advance notice by a couple months. This time is was only two weeks :(

Order any IGI waxes before then. :lipsrseal

It amazes ... IGI sent a letter stating that at the end of the year, we may not be able to get wax. The by products they use for wax, is also the by products they are using to make fuel. Fuel will come first. ...

It is true wax will be in short supply this fall due to a shortage in paraffin production. Citgo and Marathon will be done refining paraffin by the time the christmas season is upon us. The chinese send their wax to Europe to get a better return. Wax will be tight, but I don't (yet) think we will be in a situation where you can't get wax.

I thought I was wrong once before....but I was mistaken.

I think all of us wax users (even soy) just need to plan ahead for this fall. We can't limit ourselves to ONE wax and need to be testing other combos. The wax I ordered yesterday will just have to carry us thru Dec. When it's gone, it will be gone. Maybe things will look a lot brighter later this year. Carole