C3 Users take note

Just got this from WSP:

Quote: Discontinued: Nature Wax C-3

10:02 PM | WSP News with 0 comments »

4009.jpg I can't quite believe that I am having to write this. The owners of Nature's Wax have chosen to no longer have Cargil manage their product line. Instead, they have decided to do manage the line themselves.

With this decision, they have elected to eliminate distributor discounts and have increased our cost over 35 cents a pound.

Their statement was basically that they can make more money by eliminating distributors....but if it doesn't work out and their sales drop, they will bring back distributor discounts.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I am left with no option but to discontinue the wax. Once our current stock is gone...we will not be getting more.

On another note...it appears the EcoSoya Wax prices are dropping. As they do, we will drop the price on our website.

End Quote

I'm not sure what this means, but it sounds serious if Cargill will no longer make NatureWax C3. Carole

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be interested in ordering with me to get a better discount per case? I use just paraffin. But would be interested in soy too. I`ll check back later to see if you got this message. Please let me know. Thanks

So does this mean we can purchase directly from Naturewax...sounds like the increase to the distributor is close to what we've been seeing at retail....

This is what I was thinking. People will most likely buy straight from the manufacturer.

Guest LightofDawn

Ughh, I just got C3 figured out. :( I was able to pick it up locally and really would like to avoid the extra cost of shipping. Looks like I am going to have to pull out the 10lbs of Ecosoya CB Advanced I bought a few months ago and start testing.

I hadnt seen anything yet. But one supplier told me that they are still going to carry it so we will see what happens.

Sorry about 1st post, WSP is discontinuing C3. Great to know Elevance will offer the wax.

Wicked, are they publishing prices yet? Carole

I looked at Cargill's web addy and there is nothing so far about changes. I think this just happened. Carole

I KNEW something was up! I recently had referred someone to NatureWax's product info and I noted that the names of the reps had CHANGED and that their emails were going to elevance...

Now THIS is a good reason to chew my fingernails down to the quick... Truly a Holy Sh*T, Batman situation...:shocked2:

Sucks for those of us that pick-up wax, however...if they allow us to purchase small qtys like 1-3 cases and they are cheaper than our current supplier it may all even out including shipping....HEY, I can hope can't I???

Okay, I am a noobie so forgive me here, so new I have not even made my first candle yet! I am still trying to learn what and what not to do. I just bought some of this wax Mothers day weekend at Lone Star Candle Supply in Keller. Does this mean that they will no longer be selling it? I liked the fact that I could pick it up.

ETA: I guess I should have checked their site first! Lone Star will still be carrying the wax it appears through Elevance. Yea!

Guest LightofDawn

My concern is, how will this affect pricing? Per the WSP post it states that they are no longer going to offer Distributor Discounts. If this is the case I am curious to see how this will affect our cost.

Guest LightofDawn
Just pray. I'm been ill since last night over this thread. Hopefully the prices won't be moving much after they cut out that middle there.

OT: Vio, I just saw your post count and wholly crap you've been a busy girl. :laugh2:

OT: Vio, I just saw your post count and wholly crap you've been a busy girl. :laugh2:

LMAO well I never look at it but yeah!!! :laugh2:

And I've been too busy to post lately with life being hectic with sports for kids and stuff, or it would be double that already I'm sure. ;)

Vio, don't be too ill. WSP is the only supplier that flat out said they were discontinuing C3, probably because they have to make a ton of $$ on us. Maybe the huge increases we've seen lately were the result of "Elevance" doing their change.

I use C3 (1/3) in my 223 and have already found EZSoy works just as well. I do think we have to be careful about our waxes. I think there will be a lot of changes in the future. Carole