Will this work for monster spray?

gerrie

I put 1 oz plain old drug store rubbing alcohol in a bottle, and added 3 oz of distilled water. Then I added 1 drop of Lavender EO. I also put a drop of color in it, but that's not what I'm worried about. It does have a bit of that rubbing alcohol "odor" to it, but the Lavender does help tame it. I just need to use something I have around the house. I'm watching grand kids and can't go out, and my 3 year old grand daughter didn't sleep at all last night. Her mom said she woke up with "the bees are getting me" to the point that she kept scratching her ear till it started to bleed to keep the bees off. They tried the spray idea, but only had water in a bottle, so it lasted a few hours and she was back up, this time with monsters. Then it was spiders. I love this warm weather, but it does bring out all the spiders, bugs and bees, and that seems to bother my GD. I made up some cute labels, one for spiders and bugs, one for bees, and one for monsters, so she can spray them all if she feels she needs to. I didn't want to use my body spray cause I don't really like the cyclo greasy feel it has, and I need something that won't stain, and dries fast, and won't grow nasties. The only worry I have is if the spray gets in her eyes, the alcohol will burn, but mom will be helping her, or maybe even doing the spraying if granddaughter doesn't want to. What do you think of my recipe, will it work okay? I have a lot of B&B supplies on hand, half of them I don't even know what they do :laugh2: , and I just didn't have the time to look up each ingredient to see how I could use it, so that's why I used these simple ingredients. TIA for any suggestions.

Hey Chris, thanks for the reply:yay:

But why use Vodka when the rubbing alcohol is so much cheaper........is it just because of Vodka not having an odor like the rubbing alcohol does? If mom and dad think the odor of the RA is over powering then I guess I'll have to make the switch. I will hear in the morning how well it worked tonight I guess.

Yep the vodka really has no scent, unlike the rubbing alcohol. You can't sell it with the booze, but if the scent is overpowering with the RA, vodka works great!! I hope it helps the poor little thing.......monsters in the middle of the night are horrible, especially if mom and dad aren't getting much sleep!! Hey if you make it without the lavender EO and use like vanilla or lemon vodka, mom & dad could take a swig if it gets too hectic. Two uses in one bottle!!! :laugh2:

Hey Gerrie, when DS was little he was terrified by the monsters in his room. They'd cling to the blinds and had huge eyes. I finally got him to "catch" one and flush it down the toilet. He got so excited he caught and flushed the rest of them. Only one or two more ever showed up again and he'd grab them and flush them.

I wish I'd have known of/thought of monster spray back then. It might have made nights a little easier.

Well Carrie, for some reason that just doesn't surprise me of your son :laugh2:

I give you a pat on the back for giving him the courage to grab one of those monsters, that would be pretty hard to do, he was a brave little guy. I'm going to mention it to DD just so she has another trick to try. She said GD was really excited to see the "bee" spray but by 8:00 they'd already sprayed her room 4 times so it wasn't working very well. Can't wait to talk to her this morning to see how the night went. Thanks for the tip! And enjoy this summer weather we're having.......only hope the river banks can hold all the water.

Has anyone considered that maybe she's actually hearing something??

Lol- the poor thing- but i'm serious. She could have really great hearing that is picking up on numerous bug/critter noises either in the walls or in her own mind -- just from having the 'fears' of them at all.

I only suggest it because if she is making herself bleed from scratching/swating at her ears sooo much- then i'd be really concerned it's beyond simple immagination or dreams.

I wonder if some music would help? Maybe let her have a lil bitty tv in her room that she can sleep with it on. Kids (and grownups ) need their sleep- maybe she could have the kidz music channel set on the tv or something...it couldn't be near as bad as the constant issue of the nightmares.

I really feel bad for the poor dear! Best of luck to all dealing with this kind of issue. :sad2: