Pretty packaging for soaps

Well, I made a batch of M&P soap tonight and figured I'd finally work on some packaging for them. I knew I wanted to wrap them and wanted to do vellum or some type of see through paper of some sort, but then I tried just white paper and it worked better (imo!). Below is my prototype for packaging on my square soaps. I'll post a pic of what's inside in a bit, but I got so excited, I wanted to share!

Scented with Mocha Cafe and I added some raw sugar to the tops.

post-8116-139458446557_thumb.gif

post-8116-139458446563_thumb.gif

The scent is actually part of the packaging --printed right on it. I'm still debating whether or not to do the same with the ingredients on the back or if I"m going to put it on a sticker with my website info.

Thanks for the comments girls! So far, I think these are going to be it. I was thinking of adding another aspect to it, but it's more time and I like the simplicity of this much better.

Absolutely lovely. Very upscale.

I LOVE how it's not a label, but printing each page - won't that cost you a fortune in inks/toner?

Yes, it will! I noticed after printing 4 pages, that my ink has already gone down significantly. I just purchased a laser printer off ebay tonight. I've been needing one and at the price I got it, it's going to pay for itself quickly. I'm also in the process of shopping around quotes to get it done in bulk through other print shops, so I'm crossing my fingers on that! :)

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I appreciate it!

eta: each page printed is actually 2 wraps. :) So, at least I'm getting more than one out of one page and absolutely no scrap!

Yes, it will! I noticed after printing 4 pages, that my ink has already gone down significantly. I just purchased a laser printer off ebay tonight. I've been needing one and at the price I got it, it's going to pay for itself quickly. I'm also in the process of shopping around quotes to get it done in bulk through other print shops, so I'm crossing my fingers on that! :)

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I appreciate it!

eta: each page printed is actually 2 wraps. :) So, at least I'm getting more than one out of one page and absolutely no scrap!

I think your effort will pay off as the wrap looks wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I'm starting to get brave and thinking I want to create a different look for each type I've got. :D

What about Scrap Booking paper?

There is a lot of types and patterns out there.

I like the feeling of knowing I made it all myself. Plus I can choose the type of paper and colors, etc. Truly handmade all the way down to the packaging. ;) That's my goal anyhow.