Friends And Craft Shows- A Rant

SueH

:mad: Why is it that when people find out you're in a craft show they want to put stuff out on your table? I'm in a show this coming Sunday and I had several people say to me "Can I make some items and put them on your table to sell?". I told them that the show is juried and i can't bring items that weren't listed on my application plus I have so much stuff of my own that I don't have room. Why do people assume they can do this?!

Because they probably don't really understand what goes into getting ready for a show, don't want to spend the money for a booth (most likely cuz they couldn't fill it) and probably cuz you're a friend lol! Most of the public probably doesn't know the difference between a show and juried one, but you didn't lie to her.

Yup. I had a fellow craft friend who get into a show ask me to sell her stuff for her. I said no, it was juried and they knew I didn't do soaps and BB lotions. She got mad and I told her to saver her money and try next year to get into the show for herself. She said it was easier for her to just share space with someone else. I told her that I also wasn't covered to handles soap and such on my insurance.:P