Sticky Mylar...arrgh!

Hibiscus

Is it sticky on both sides? I thought the sticky side is to hold beads and similar things in place in order to attach them to clothing and then ironing over the other side to glue it to the cloths, if that makes sense, but I did not think the other side would be sticky is it?

ok...are you saying the soap was stuck to the mylar or the mylar itself was sticky? I have had the mylar stick to one certain soap I make...so I have learned to let that batch set longer than I usually do. But all of my hard batches look like glass whan they come out of the mylar lined mold. I only have to worry about my hemp soap...that one is much softer than my normal soap.

I guess I should have clarified that a bit:grin2:

Yep, it's sticking to my soap when I peel it off. That formula has about 40% OO. I thought maybe it was the shea butter or I had unmolded it too soon:rolleyes2

um I was a tad bit anxious.. it was my first time using it. I really hated having to polish that rough soap. Are there any other oils besides OO that will need a longer time in the mold?

Thanks everybody:grin2: