Do you do wickless

Do you do wickless?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do wickless?

• Yes I sell wickless candles for the warmers
    • Not yet, but plan too
    • No because I don't think they are safe
    • No for other reasons

No, because I sell tarts...excuse me Wax Chips. Safety has nothing to do with it cause a customer can take one of my wicked candles and do the same thing and that's their parogative. Seems redundant to do wicked jars, unwicked jars, and wax chips. For all I know they are throwing the wax chips into an empty jar and putting it on the warmer. I also sell the refresher oils. All my products have instructions and cautions on them and I have a sheet of instructions that go in each bag....MY last line is :

Candles (in any form...chips, votives,jars etc) are like children and some men. They should have adult supervision at all times...in the case of the men another man does not qualify!!!! :yay:

MY last line is :

Candles (in any form...chips, votives,jars etc) are like children and some men. They should have adult supervision at all times...in the case of the men another man does not qualify!!!! :yay:

ROFLMAO!!!! I am gonna have to borrow that one some time!!

I have considered wickless candles for candle warmers, but I keep going back to the thought that tarts can serve the same purpose. Wouldn't placing a couple of tarts in a glass or tin caontainer on a warmer produce the exact same effect as the wickless candle? And not only that I am keeping my cost down because I already offer tarts. Does anyone else market their tarts this way too?

I mentioned above I do sell wickless(very few and make very few) but people are getting used to them in this area.We have mentioned teens, work,elderly BUT a couple people that talked to me about the wickless were people who had kids or grandkids in college.My friend's daughter wanted a candle warmer at my booth and then she told her mom to later get her some wickless candles from me because mine smell so good.

College students are banned from burning candles but they LOVE them.

LynnS

For the scent lasting I don't know because my wicked candles I burn maybe from 1-5 hours at a time and my candlewarmer/wickless I, at times, leave on 24/7.The one FO that lasted the longest is definetly French Vanilla and has been the strongest so far.

.MY last line is :Candles (in any form...chips, votives,jars etc) are like children and some men. They should have adult supervision at all times...in the case of the men another man does not qualify!!!!

:laugh2:

That is soooooooooo true!

Still smiling!

Yes , i have started making the wickless, not a lot at a time , because i'm just selling people i know or at my hubby's place where his fire dept. has bingo. but i make them for my daughter because of health reasons. i sold 6 last week. i don't use the big jars, i use the 8 0z flat , Ball Elite jar, being with , it melts fast. i have been selling these and tarts.

• 4 weeks later...

I am new :) How do I start making wickless candles? I already have my eye on a 100% soy wax starter kit, which I can't wait to get, but am not sure how the wickless candles are made. I would be interested in making the wickless candles in small tin containers to have around the offices at work.

Are wickless made the same way as container candles with a wick? Any info on how to start making wickless aer greatly appreciated.

Thanks.