HTP105 / or CD 10 for 2.5" hex Soy

Hello, Friends:grin2:

I am trying a new jar, it is a 2" hex and 2.5" @ it's widest point. It holds 5 oz and is 3" tall. I am using 100% soy from calwax. I was going to try the htp105/ or a cd10.

Do you think these are to hot for the Dimensions? any suggestions.

Suzie

Hi Gals,

I thought I would keep you posted. I tried the htp 105 and the cd 10 both had FMP and burned pretty much clean and beautiful all the way around. Neither one had much shrooming if any and no smoke or soot.

Cold and Hot throw also very good (Ginger peach) However the flames in both flickered a bit. Is this due to the HxW space in the jar.

Suz

Wow! that is great news for me. As this is pretty much my first successfully wicked jar. So do you use the 2.5" Hex also. And if so do most of your Fo's work with this same wick and Jar. I have been at it for about a year now, and I have tried bulb jars/ tins and now the hex. The Hex is my first success, Yipeeeeeeeeee :) I did it. Next step try other Fo's with this wick. What other Jars do you use, that might be good for a beginner.

Thank you so much, you reply has made my day.

Suzie Q:yay:

I only used the 9oz hex jar. I used it almost from the beginning. I started with 8oz jj.

Since moving out West I have had to change wax AND jars. Both due to costs. My jars come from Seattle BUT I can get the tins also from Seattle cheaper. I just found the 8oz sq masons for less than the hex jars...like .25 less even with shipping but I can pick up the sq masons.

I am testing two waxes...IGI 6006 and EL Millinnum. I am testing mixing them and testing them each by themselves.

I am testing the CDN wicks and CD wicks with them.

tootie

Wow! that is great news for me. As this is pretty much my first successfully wicked jar. So do you use the 2.5" Hex also. And if so do most of your Fo's work with this same wick and Jar. I have been at it for about a year now, and I have tried bulb jars/ tins and now the hex. The Hex is my first success, Yipeeeeeeeeee :) I did it. Next step try other Fo's with this wick. What other Jars do you use, that might be good for a beginner.

Thank you so much, you reply has made my day.

Suzie Q:yay:

I go to the Dollar Tree and pick up their candle containers AND any heavy glassware they have that I think will make a good candle. Heavy being the keyword. Also, yard sales are great places to pick up heavy glassware cheap cheap cheap and all kinda sizes. The candles I make are usually on the smaller side (usually no more than 3" across) so the 105s and 126s do nicely for me with the KY125 wax. However, depending upon the container and its shape, I will double wick with the 105s. It seems to work for me.