Etsy ???

I have been looking around on Etsy. I am wondering how anyone can find me if I list candles. It looks like there are pages galore of candles. It seems to be a little baffling to me or I just don't know how to maneuver though it. Any info would be greatly appreciated......

Yup, it's crowded for sure. Tons and tons of people with no sales because it is quite hard to get noticed.

You should visit the forums every day so other etsy people look at your shop. Customers who don't have shops look on the forums also. I found something I was looking for that way. Invite people to look at your shop and they will. There is also a way to get on the front page but it's very hard. It's explained in one of the categories.

I have pretty much just given up on my Etsy shop. I've sold several things. But, there are so many soap sellers on there now, I find it impossible to keep up. I used to list an item and would get quite a few looks within the first 24 hr. Last few things I've listed, barely had any looks.

I did try the forum thing, but I just don't have the patience to hang out on the forums to get noticed!

I do check the shop daily and I'm not going to close it. I just don't expect much from it.

I also have one on iCraft.ca. That one I can easily keep on the front page, but it is so new there are no customers! LOL

I"m doing much better with face to face sales. JMO:D

I have pretty much just given up on my Etsy shop. I've sold several things. But, there are so many soap sellers on there now, I find it impossible to keep up. I used to list an item and would get quite a few looks within the first 24 hr. Last few things I've listed, barely had any looks.

I did try the forum thing, but I just don't have the patience to hang out on the forums to get noticed!

I do check the shop daily and I'm not going to close it. I just don't expect much from it.

I also have one on iCraft.ca. That one I can easily keep on the front page, but it is so new there are no customers! LOL

I"m doing much better with face to face sales. JMO:D

I had not heard of them before, very interesting. Did you do the free submission deal?

That looks like a great place. If there are no customers yet, this is the time to get settled in there because they will come. Looks to me like it's free right now. I already recognized a seller, Bobe, who products have been mentioned before. I forget where now.

Can't hurt to give it a shot.

Yes, I got signed up on iCraft under the free year. I really do like the site and I'm hoping getting in on the ground floor, will benefit me as its grows. (hopefully)! Mine is 3 Lil Indians, I think that is going to be my main online place, instead of Etsy. I like the fact that they also allow you to link to your personal website. Which Etsy does not allow.

Yes, I got signed up on iCraft under the free year. I really do like the site and I'm hoping getting in on the ground floor, will benefit me as its grows. (hopefully)! Mine is 3 Lil Indians, I think that is going to be my main online place, instead of Etsy. I like the fact that they also allow you to link to your personal website. Which Etsy does not allow.

Can you explain better the free thing. If I sign up before the deadline I can list however many things I want and it will be free and the admission fee is waived too? So what happens next month when I want to list more, is there a cost or when they say for one full year there is no cost?

Can you explain better the free thing. If I sign up before the deadline I can list however many things I want and it will be free and the admission fee is waived too? So what happens next month when I want to list more, is there a cost or when they say for one full year there is no cost?

Are you talking about iCraft or Etsy?

I didn't realize it was free to list things. I haven't touched my etsy shop in awhile because i'm focusing on doing my own website, but just curious what is going on with the 'free' being thrown around. haha Etsy was free to join when I started and it cost $.20 to list and they also take a cut of your sale - 3% is it?

Are you talking about iCraft or Etsy?

I didn't realize it was free to list things. I haven't touched my etsy shop in awhile because i'm focusing on doing my own website, but just curious what is going on with the 'free' being thrown around. haha Etsy was free to join when I started and it cost $.20 to list and they also take a cut of your sale - 3% is it?

The free is for iCraft not Etsy. I joined Etsy when it first started but never sold anything. I need to figure out how to get a second account to accept credit cards before I sell on Etsy.

I think one thing that is a tremendous help in getting your products noticed on Etsy is if you join a team. I would guess that the majority of traffic (and sales) on Etsy is generated by conversations people have about it on numerous forums.

The Dish established their own team. If there's enough interest, we could do the same--even if you belong to that one, joining another one could only increase your odds of exposure.

I belong to EFA (Etsy for animals) (joined about 6 months ago)and the vegan street team (joined a month ago), but even before that I had sales. I think the key is listing often and make sure you use your tags......as many that pertain to your item. I dont really get into the forum thing so I only pop in once a month maybe a little more if I have extra time but thats very seldom :( but I have had enough sales on there. Of course Id love more but the main thing I realized is the more items you list the more sales you get. I dont know if this is the case for everyone, but I was scared to spend money on listing.....yes $.20 isnt a lot but taking it on a chance of just losing it sucks! I finally took a chance and once I had.....I want to say 20, items in my shop the sales started coming in. I dont know if may be people just feel they need a variety in a shop or that they feel more comfortable seeing more items like that makes you more professional but Ive noticed that with a bunch of shops. I had a HUGE xmas rush this year too from it.

I think one thing that is a tremendous help in getting your products noticed on Etsy is if you join a team. I would guess that the majority of traffic (and sales) on Etsy is generated by conversations people have about it on numerous forums.

The Dish established their own team. If there's enough interest, we could do the same--even if you belong to that one, joining another one could only increase your odds of exposure.

I don't know? I joined a couple of teams. When I first signed up with each one, I got alot of hits. But they didn't translate into many sales. Especially when you join a team of people who do the same thing that you do. I don't see how that will generate any sales. It takes alot of time to keep up with all of them also. I'd rather spend my time, promoting myself outside of Etsy. Of course I could be completely wrong,(often times I am!) LOL

The iCraft, is free for the first year. I think you need to be signed up by the end of the month though. HTH

I've been on etsy for about 3 months now. So far I have had 153 sales. I advertise in the forums at least once a week. I also use there chat to permote my shop. You have to make yourself known so that people come and look at your shop. It takes time and alot of advertising. But it can be done. I also have had 2 wholesale offers this week. witch I am very excited about. Regina :D

153 sales sounds fantastic! Yes Dolphin, Etsy is like any other site--if you just let it sit there and do nothing to promote it, you're not too likely to have much success at it. The more items you list, the greater your chances are that you will make a sale--provided you're making a decent product.

I belong to another forum and there's a poor lady there who is trying to promote her Etsy site and sell her crafts among members. Naturally, everyone takes a look--only to see what she's making looks like garbage, and she only has about two items listed at any given time.

I TRIED to sign up for Etsy but no luck. I wanted to use candles so people who searched for that certain item might be easier to find me or that item. I had problems. All the names I chose said already taken or used. I e-mailed and they said Sorry if it says that but even if they are not used anymore the name cannot be taken by anyone else again.I accept that so getting desperate and tired after 30 tries and names I decided to use my first name.NO one has that name.Well comes back taken.I didn't want to use Candles by__________ But did. Just a shot to get in but supposedly someone has that company name?????? I am dumbfounded now

Might try iCraft.

LynnS

153 sales sounds fantastic! Yes Dolphin, Etsy is like any other site--if you just let it sit there and do nothing to promote it, you're not too likely to have much success at it. The more items you list, the greater your chances are that you will make a sale--provided you're making a decent product.

I belong to another forum and there's a poor lady there who is trying to promote her Etsy site and sell her crafts among members. Naturally, everyone takes a look--only to see what she's making looks like garbage, and she only has about two items listed at any given time.

Thanks. Yes it is so true the more you keep in your shop the more they will look And it does help to have a quality products. I have seen several people who only keep 2 or 3 items in there shop and they don't look real nice. Then they wonder why they can't sell. You have to take pride in what you make and enjoy doing it. :D

Hmmm! Thanks for the info. I was wondering if I was using Etsy correctly. It seems as though if your not in the for couple of pages than you are out of luck. I tried browsing in the hundreds range but decided it wasn't worth it. It looks like we need more websites that sell products and promote it well through the search engines. I think I will look into Icraft....