Emu Oil source

CareBear

Just ordered some emu oil... $50 per quart (a little short of 2# I believe) and free shipping to the lower 48 states...

I bought mine from Simon Caleb. His web site is: http://www.alternasense.com/id97.htm but you have to email him at simon@ simoncaleb. com (remove spaces)

I'll let you know what I think when it arrives, but I've heard nothing but good of his stuff so I expect great emu oil.

Carebear.... yes! Please don't forget to tell us how it is... that's wayyyyyyyy cheap for emu. I'm completely out and I need to order more but man...it about KILLS me to order a lb of it, I usually get mine at MMS.

And I'm in desperate need of it, because it's the only oil that keeps my scraggly heels at bay, and actually makes my skin look HEALTHY.

I'll be peeking in this thread every now and then!!!!

There are two qualities he offers there. I haven't had problems with any of it, shipping was very reasonable and the price was good too. Just bought 8 lbs to go with the gallon I got from him.

He's pretty helpful too, raises his own emus if I'm not mistaken. The oil I have is an off white and works wonderfully on burns, bruises, cuts etc.

So surprised carebear to find you actually getting into the bird since I think you posted once about not being interested in putting any kind of bird on you or some such lol.

Oh, I DO still think of it as glorified chicken fat!

I once used it straight and couldn't get that out of my head!

But a friend gave me a recipe a while back that has a bit of it in there and I love how it comes out - don't want to mess with success. Besides, there is a market for stuff with it, so...

He's pretty helpful too, raises his own emus if I'm not mistaken.

How do they get the oil from those things? They milk them or something? :laugh2: Really, like is it something they cook off, or from their feathers or something? I guess what I want to know really is, does the bird have to die to give the oil?

The Emu's have a fat pocket on the back of there neck. Also all over and in the stomach linning. I have done the honors of getting the oil. The fat has to be refined and then sent for refinning for cosmetic use. The meat is red like beef. Taste like beef also, the jerky is out of this world, lowering fat than chiken and higher in protien then beef. Off white color is awesome. Never should be brown. Emu oil should never have a ordor at all. If it does it was never refined. Awesome for RA, burns and for the skin. Monica

Thanks for spreading the word Carebear... I ordered some emu oil from Simon, and it is Refined and Certified, but off-white in color (no biggie to me!). Mine shipped out yesterday, so I can't frickin' wait! My heels need EMU. :D

Got my emu in today! Nice! No odor... off white in color, real nice, like emu oil should be. And super fast shipping!

Now to get it in some foot butter! I'm giving myself a pedicure tonight! :yay: I love this Liquid Gold!! (or Glorified Chicken Fat as Carebear calls it) :)

well poo - I didn't get MINE yet!

Really!!!??? Wow.. maybe it was because I told him I was in desperate need of it... and maybe because I kept emailing him and asking him questions, I guess maybe he just wanted to be rid of me! lmao

So you guys just emailed in your order?

Yep... just emailed him and told him how much I wanted, then paypaled the money.... and already got my order! Woohoo!

Thanks again Carebear! :)

Really!!!??? Wow.. maybe it was because I told him I was in desperate need of it... and maybe because I kept emailing him and asking him questions, I guess maybe he just wanted to be rid of me! lmao

Yep... just emailed him and told him how much I wanted, then paypaled the money.... and already got my order! Woohoo!

Thanks again Carebear! :)

Thanks. I will have to try this place out.

Thanks for sharing the link Care Bear.

got mine to day and it is indeed lovely. still off-white, but a lighter color than what I got in a co-op about a year ago. no odor that I could discern, but then I cannot breathe through my nose right now so don't go by that!

Here's the label info:

The label says AEA Certified Fully Refined ™. 32.3 fl oz, 970 mls.

If it was water, that 970 mls would be the same as 970 grams which would be 2.14 pounds. But it's not water. From online sources I've seen the specific gravity as being between 0.89 and 0.95. So if we take it to be 0.92 as an average and multiply it out we get 1.97 pounds.