My first conference..

cozyaromas

Well I just got back from my first Candle & Soap Conference here in Georgia, matter of fact it was my first conference ever for soap and candles. I had alot of fun, I got loads and loads of goodies plus I got to meet some of my favorite suppliers from Southern Garden Scent (Tony's Fragrance Oil) and Southern Soapers. I won a couple of raffles such as the new containers from Bayousome, they are plastic containers with a cork stopper and are good for bath salts. Hopefully, I will be able to go to another one in the next couple of months. Did a mention too that you get tons of discounts once you go to the conference for various suppliers?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a conference for this forum, imagine how big it would be, maybe we can get together and learn alot from the various soap and candlemakers on this forum.

I was there, too, and had a great time. Just got in from dinner with about 20 or so. I hated to come in early, but I'm beat!

The suppliers were very generous with their donations, and the coupons for future purchases are wonderful. Got a ton of samples, etc, in the goodie bags, too. I'm taking Monday off to unload and put away all my stuff I bought!

That would be a great idea! Hell, I'd fly to wherever. I just found Southern Soapers recently, I really like her product.

She is my biggest addiction....I LOVE Southern Soapers!! Her fragrances are great in CP soap....and of course other B&B!!

Is anyone from this forum going to the TN Soap & Candle gathering next month?

Paul

I'm soo glad you had a good time. I will be at the TN convention and I'm going to the Bitter Creek Convention! May is going to be a fun month!!!

:undecided

I'm not sure about the one in TN but I will be at the one in Alabama. Paul will you be a vendor at the TN conference, will you have some molds for sale there? If so, I might see what I can do!!:wink2:

Yes, I will be set up as a vendor. Birdie asked me to do a demo too, so that will be interesting.:undecided I'm donating a TOG 8 Wire Log Cutter as one of the door prises. new8wirecutter004.jpg

I'll be giving out discounts too.

I have a great source of lye and am thinking about bringing 200 pounds with us and selling it in two pound lots. Have not figured a price yet, but about 1/2 of what Roebic's used to cost at Lowe's.

Paul

Lots of molds to get made before then, as it is only a month away!*super banana*

Wow Paul that cutter is tempting, the deadline to register is the end of this month, right?

I think so. I think there are around 45 to 55 attendees so far. You can milk a goat too! LOL Check the web site. I'll ask Birdie too. Here is the link if you don't already have it;

http://home.earthlink.net/~tnscsocial/index.html

You never know, I may just have to give the mold away that I do the demo in too. :D