Soap Colors...powder or liquid ??

8-GRAN-ONES

What seems to work best? Powder or Liquid?

Is it hard to get the powder mixed good? I have not yet used the powder colors. I have only used liquid..

I am going to make a order from TKB trading, and wanted to get opinions first..

I am thinking of the Pop Colors...Neons...& Some Ultramarines.

Also does the Hydrated chromium Green make a pretty color in Cp soap...I really like the look of that green...

Thanks for any guideance on this...

Also any must haves for CP soap?

You will be really happy with the pop colors I love them. I only use powders in mine oxides, micas, herbs etc. never tried liquid, but I do like using powders. I haven't had any trouble mixing either. I think some people mix them with glycerin also you might want to try that.

I prefer powders - mica, untramarines, oxides, clays, botanicals - they morph much less than liquids (which also have completely disappeared on me!)

I mix all my powders with a bit of glycerin or some of the oils from my recipe before adding to the soap, it really helps to get them to blend.

I tried the liquid sample pack from TKB. I way prefer the powdered. The liquids are just the powdered ones pre-mixed with glycerin. They are very hard to squeeze (the small bottles anyway) and they take forever to get a decent amount to come out. I ended up having to throw away 2 of my bottles cuz trying to squeeze them I dropped them in my oils. The ones I got in the co-op, I am very happy with. I do as kidsngarden said and just take a little of my oils (before lye) and mix the powder in. Works great!

ETA: The pop colors are awesome, so are the neons!!!