Finally a go!!

After researching, testing, testing and more testing (who knew I had so many friends..lol) I finally got my business license and vendors permit!! I am so excited. I have designed my business cards and am ready to send them to the printer (Staples). The school my kids go to has already booked me for a Christmas fundraiser for this coming year (yeah!). I am working on my brochures for business and for fundraising. I have my lists of places I want to drop off samples and brochures. A plus is that I work at a little gift store and the owner loves my soy candles and tub truffles so she carries them (on consignment) in the store. It's not much but they are out there and I get to speak to people about them. Small steps - no big leaps here. I am also attending a Candle Retreat in May that my supplier puts on every year. Super excited! Have been investigating craft fairs but haven't found many in my area.

Thanks to everyone on this board for all their great ideas and endless information!!:D

MMMMMWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAA! (that is my evil, maniacal laugh! Was it scary?)

We hooked another one! Welcome to the club. You will now:

1. Never be able to walk into a room with a candle without your "candle radar" going off alerting you that there is, in fact, a candle in your near vicinity. You will instantly go into candle auto pilot, go up to it and judge it on burn and cold throw.

2. Never be able to pass a Yankmee store (or similar) without walking in, looking at stuff and proclaiming in your head, "Huh! Mine are better. Look at that wick? Don't they know what centered means?"

3. Use terms like cold throw, hot throw, flash points, middle notes and dry downs in regular conversation; people will stare blankly at you because they have no idea what you are talking about.

4. Upon seeing a candle burning in a movie or tv program, you will pause and rewind the show to see if you can a) tell what brand it is and B) see if it is burning properly. (Annoys the hell out of my husband!)

5. Understand that candle nose is a real affliction.

6. Be told by everyone you come in contact with, "Is that you I smell? What is that? Cotton candy??? Dang that smells good!" (and that is when you hand em a card!)

7. Spend more money on fragrance oils than shoes.

8. Be more turned on by finding that "perfect" vanilla than you ever thought possible.

9. Never be able to walk through a dollar store, Wally World or such without at some point thinking, "Huh...that would make a cute candle container!"

10. Love every minute of it! :D

1. Never be able to walk into a room with a candle without your "candle radar" going off alerting you that there is, in fact, a candle in your near vicinity. You will instantly go into candle auto pilot, go up to it and judge it on burn and cold throw.

2. Never be able to pass a Yankmee store (or similar) without walking in, looking at stuff and proclaiming in your head, "Huh! Mine are better. Look at that wick? Don't they know what centered means?"

3. Use terms like cold throw, hot throw, flash points, middle notes and dry downs in regular conversation; people will stare blankly at you because they have no idea what you are talking about.

4. Upon seeing a candle burning in a movie or tv program, you will pause and rewind the show to see if you can a) tell what brand it is and B) see if it is burning properly. (Annoys the hell out of my husband!)

6. Be told by everyone you come in contact with, "Is that you I smell? What is that? Cotton candy??? Dang that smells good!" (and that is when you hand em a card!)

8. Be more turned on by finding that "perfect" vanilla than you ever thought possible.

9. Never be able to walk through a dollar store, Wally World or such without at some point thinking, "Huh...that would make a cute candle container!"

Aint that the truth!!;)

I need to print that out and put it above my computer! Excellent!!!

Funny you should say:

"4. Upon seeing a candle burning in a movie or tv program, you will pause and rewind the show to see if you can a) tell what brand it is and B) see if it is burning properly. (Annoys the hell out of my husband!)"

did that the other night. Forget what we were watching but noticed a group of pillers burning and went back to "get a better look". Hubby was NOT impressed. ...lol

I'm forever shoving something under his nose and asking what he thinks of the smell... now when he sees me coming he 'remembers' he forgot to do something in the garage!

Dollar stores are great! Who knew a dollar could add up so fast and become $80, $90 or more...

I have been having fun with fragrances. Already have WAY more of those than shoes.....have been making triple layer candles.

well... back to the wax pot!!:D