Bomb colors ... not the typical ?

Scented

Since I've been making bath bombs, and once read an article about watch how you color them, I'm wondering if a bomb happens to get lucky and color the water ... what colors would a person NOT want to see?

I can understand black, even brown, but anyone have hang ups on yellow? Other colors? I could see yellow being mistaken for (sigh) pee, but, well, thought I'd ask since it's been buggin' me.

OH MY... I could imagine seeing a tub full of red or yellow. Heaven forbid you got of the tub to answer the door, have your neighbor or friends come over, use the potty and see a full tub of "pee" or "blood."

I'd imagine it is typical to have purple for lavender or blues for oceany scents... but peach, kiwi, or my favorite Aubergine:tongue2: would be nice. Maybe even a salmon color.

Thankfully, you and I won't be worrying about any visitor.

Life is grand. If you have any colors or imperfect bombs that don't sell, put them aside and I'll test them for you. :grin2:

If they are the bubbly kind- does ANYONE sell these anymore?

Christ, I've even been on Etsy looking for them. Damn, I am so lazy I should be shot. HA HA!! I am a bathbomb whore from hell.

Speaking of bubbling bath bombs- and PERFECTION, I might add- where has Firegirl been?

She sent me some bombs- OMG!! The best I've ever had, I think I have one left... maybe.

When I first started making bath bombs I used mica's cause I wasn't so smart me thinks. If you look at this picture you will see some pretty dark ones:

bathb.jpg

Sorry it's so big...OUCH!

anywho I still keep the picture on my site cause I think it's pretty cool, but my friend tested the burgundy big one (broke it in two by gouging away with a knife and used half) Her water was so burgundy she could shave her legs and see where she had shaved. so I stick with liquid colors now and know that dark bombs probably won't fly. (my vanillish ones go chocolate brown though)

My very best selling bombs are Energy (bright blue) and Electric lime coconut (flourescent yellow) No complaints about the color there!

People around these parts don't want bubbling bombs with SL - crap I forgot the abbreviation - but the bubbling stuff! They really like just the fizzy bombs!

Well I think that pix is pretty cool too!

So far I haven't seen a preference, but then they aren't hardly around that I've seen, when I've been able to get out that is. So far, fortunately, I've not made a burgandy one, but you know ... I soooooooo want to lol!

LOL! Who me? No. I can't get a red to stay red and I think it's cuz the forces said it would look like an accident, but I have some pinks, purples (very few blue sigh), not that much orange come to think of it lol!, one yellow, and I did make a gorgeous brown, gold and yellow LMAO! Actually I don't think I'm using enough color to actually stain anything. No stains here or in the tubs of those who have tested, so maybe I'm not using enough color LOL!

I do need to do some more orange though.

And I think a burgandy bomb would be gorgeous and definitely fit most of my fragrances ha ha! But I've tried to stay away from darks. Couldn't resist a touch (only a touch) of silver on a greenish/blue bomb for Goddess. Just couldn't resist. I figure if it grays the water some they'll just think they were really dirty. J/K!

I would stay away from anything grey. I say this because I used what was supposed to be a silver bomb once and it turned the water grey. It also didn't fizz and just sat there in a pile of grey...stuff...and all I could think of was how much it looked like ashes sitting there on the bottom of my tub. Needless to say, I had to drain the tub and start all over after that lovely thought.

Personally, I think anything that colors the water a bright color would be interesting. For instance, I usually see regular greens and blues, but a bright turquoise or deep emerald green might be nice.

OMG!! I LOVE the bubbling bombs! I am a bath bomb whore too :D

I am hearing ya MA ....

Thankfully, you and I won't be worrying about any visitor.

Life is grand.

LOL

Colors don't really matter to me as long as they don't color my skin. Peach, Kiwi, Yellow, Cabernet (my fav), Blues, Pinks, Orange, Melon, etc....

I so need to start making bombs again. :tongue2:

Something tells me that the 'RED FAIRY' lives at Scented's House!! :shocked2: :lipsrseal :neener: Time for you to send him sowhere else Julie.

If they are the bubbly kind- does ANYONE sell these anymore?

Christ, I've even been on Etsy looking for them. Damn, I am so lazy I should be shot. HA HA!! I am a bathbomb whore from hell.

I sell the bubblers! I was beginning to think noone wanted them and was going to go back to selling NON-bubblers. I have a little bag of seconds (cracked, uglies) that you can HAVE for the cost of shipping. As much as I love BB's I usually end up rushing through a morning shower, not casually soaking in the tub. :sad2: *sigh*

Colors never bother me--if you want to know what "bugs" me in a bath bomb--lavender flowers!

Careful with the additives. I got a real nice, huge Lush lavender scented bath bomb.

Ran the tub, threw in the bomb and laid back--eyes closed. Opened eyes to see what looked like 100 bugs floating on the surface of the water--I about died! All I could think was that they were above me and how was I going to get out when I realized it was just the lavender flowers gone brown. Did not notice them when I bought the bomb. Made a mental note to never add flowers to bath bombs.

yeah i definitely dont like lavender buds in my bath, even the kids were a little freaked out and said they looked like bugs

but if you want to put the buds in your bombs i would suggest to the user to put the bomb in a sachet bag or something and then drop into the water

but if you want to put the buds in your bombs i would suggest to the user to put the bomb in a sachet bag or something and then drop into the water

That is a good idea--I still have one of the Lush's bombs that has them in and hadn't used it. Even though I know they aren't bugs, I still don't have good memories of that first bath! That will provide the solution--thanks :)

I love any color of bomb as long as it is a vibrant one! I am a bathbomb freak as well lol and as long as my skin doesn't turn the vibrant color :D. I really don't need to go to work looking like an oompa loompa! I have never tried out the bubbling bombs only the fizzers. The bubbling ones sound neat!

Angi

I use colors that I got from SoapCrafters quite a few years ago. They were expensive as hell (not even sure they still carry them) but a teeny tiny bit (I mean like just a few dips of a toothpic full is all) and it will color an entire batch of bombs and it colors the tub water a nice vibrant color. I've made all colors, but the "ruby red" that I use, actually turns a neon pink color, not a true red color. I've never had any complaints from anyone about any color either.