What am i doing wrong?

I have recently made soy wax candles for the first time, they do turn out ok but im having trouble getting them out of the mould. Also i have added strawberry scent to the candles and they come out with red streaks and the bottom of the candle is soggy. I do leave them for 24hrs like im suppose to.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to improve?

So the FO has color added ? hmmm never seen that .

Next question would be how much FO are you adding to how much wax ? the norm is usually 1oz of FO to 1lb of wax .

If you dont mind me asking could you supply the name of the wax and FO ? someone else may use the same and be of more help .

Did your wax come with heating and pouring instructions?

Fragrance load amounts etc...

Im sorry I seem to be asking more questions than answering but with out this info it is kind of hard to figure out what went wrong.

On the instructions it said 1.5ml per 2 ounce which should make one votive. Like i said I have never made candles before and do not know if this is right or how i can improve the quality or how i can improve getting the candles out of the moulds with out cracking.

Sounds like a bunch of things are going wrong. Can you explain temperatures and measurements and what you did? If I was to guess I would say, you didn't incorporate the scent at the right temperature or stir it enough, and also, how long did you let the votive cool for? Did you try popping it in the fridge? Is this the first time you used your votive mold? Try lightly spraying it with a vegetable spray like Pam or something.

Just a few suggestions.

Aah you did say every 2 pound of wax, not oz. Now that makes more sense. I hope you are not making 1 votive at a time? You need to mix up more wax and FO and pour a few votives at a time. work out the amounts of wax, FO etc you need for 1 and then apply it to the amount you will be doing, this might help once you have the correct figures for more candles.

Your wax temperature is super low. I use a 50/50 wax, melt to 180, add FO, color and cool to 160 then pour. Where did you get your kit from, maybe someone here can assist?

If you are pouring plain soy (not a blend) you do pour cool, but you need to get your wax up to a good temperature. Does your kit say what brand or type of wax?

The brand of wax you are using will definately make a difference. For my containers I use bluegrass soy (someone else taking care of wax division now) I heat my wax to 175 at 140 add fragrance and am ready to pour around 95. I typically use 1 oz./lb. of wax. I use color chips. For my votives I am using wax from At Wix end. It's been awhile since I made votives but I believe for them I usually heated my molds, wax temp. to 200 FO at 140 and color then poured when slushy. Both of these are according to instructions included with wax. I've been sticking to this for over 5 years and seems to work out just fine.

My first suggestion:

Stop making us pull teeth to get information from you if you want help...

1. where did you get the kit?

2. what type of wax does it say it is?

3. what are all the steps included in the directions?

4. what, exactly, are the steps you took?

If you didn't use dye, there shouldn't be any color.

It's just too hard to play a guessing game. There are more than enough people willing to try to help you.... but help us help you.