Help with wick staying in candle

Hi everyone

I would appreciate any help on this one, please. I have always made candles with moulds already wicked up, but recently I bought some moulds that require a wick pin. I can put my own wicks in afterwards, BUT they don't stay in the candle!!! I just have to pull on them slightly and they come right out. I seal the bottom of the candle, but as I put my label tag around the wick, I know my customers are going to pull the wick out when they pull off the label and this is not a good look.:undecided

When I use wick pins, I use metal wick tabs with my wicks. When I level the bottom of my candle the tab seals in and the wick won't come out. Another idea is to explain to your customer that the wick secure in place once they light it for the first time and that it won't move after that.

Hope this helps

Pam F

When I use wick pins, I use metal wick tabs with my wicks.

Yup, me too. When I don't want to use a wick tab, I remove the wick pin before the final repour. Put the wick in, dab a bit of sealer over the wick sticking out of the bottom, fold about 1/4" wicking over to the side just below the first fill line and do the repour. Wick is secure ;)

Are you saying you don't use wick tabs?

If you do use them, just light the bottom of the tab with a lighter and push it in when hot. The wick tab will adhere to the candle when the hot tab hits the wax and melts around it. I do this for votive's. Very fast and east.