Soy with best throw???

I am looking to find an easy soy to work with that will deliver the best throw.

I am debating on using Eco Soya CB advanced, however it seems that there may be an issue with the scent throw.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Also I have heard that Coconut oil can be added and that helps.

If so does coconut oil effect the scent?

Are there any other additives that might assist?

Thank you.

I think it really depends on how patient you are, your location, and whether or not you have chosen a good wick. I use EcoSoya CBA and it throws like a charm for me but you can look through the old threads and find many who have given up on it or swear that it just does not throw. I do not use coconut oil...I guess I never really had to. I have gotten great glass adhesion, no frosting or wet spots, great throw, look magnificent....

Thank you, I am in Corpus Christi TX, Pretty far south. It is humid but average temp is 75-90 degrees.

Are there any additives that you do use, and if i may ask, where do you get the FO's and what works best for you?

I'm in MS so, not too much difference. I use no additives. That is one of the qualities of CBA it requires no additives to get good results out of it. I get FOs from multiple places. I use Gelluminations.com, FragranceOilHeaven.com, Alabastercandlesupply.com, Peakcandlesupply.com, and a few others.

Use the search feature on here....lots of good info.

First I would find suppliers CLOSE to home. The closer the better. Shipping charges are terrible and getting worse. I know there are some really good suppliers in TX and maybe even driving distance for you.

After you find a supplier close to you see what waxes they have available. There is soy, soy blends, and paraffin. Then come back here and use the search at the top to search the different waxes. For instance IGI6006 just put in 6006 and search and you will find lots of info on that wax.

As far as FO goes again look for suppliers CLOSE to you. Alot of times your supplier has really good FO's sometimes not. Just use the search again and search daystar for instance, you will get lots of info on her scents.

Good luck and I hope you have lots of money....:D this is not a cheap hobby....

tootie

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

We are completely new to this and my wife just decided that she wanted to try and make this a business. I figure I better ask as much as i can, cause once we get started we can go broke fast.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Again thank you for all your help.

I like NatureWax C3. It is a soy & veggie wax blend. I use Universal Soy Additive (USA) with it to smooth the tops, reduce frosting and increase hot throw. Both are available from JBN in the Dallas area.

Texas has a lot of great suppliers, so you're in a pretty good location to reduce or eliminate shipping costs. ;)

I use the Naturewax C3 and the scent throw is fantastic! I add coconut oil to harden it a little bit and improve the scent throw. It took a little time and practice to use C3 and not get wet spots and to avoid sink holes. (frosting was never an issue for me with this wax)

Everyone is different, we all have a wax that works best for us. I suggest you get small sample sizes of each and and find out which one works best for you. This is not a cheap hobby!

:D

wow from Corpus Christi..... Welcome.... I am from Victoria(now I am in San Antonio) so definitely know all about humidity......

Well I basically chose Ez Soy from Bittercreeksouth.com mainly to save shipping here in Texas. However Ez Soy is actually pretty good as far as scent throw but the fosting drove me crazy so after testing I made a blend of ez soy and ecosoya cba and now I have the best of both worlds.... and I can get both from Stafford!!! save on shipping!

Out of all the soys I tested- I loved the GB 444 the best but it cost $44.00 a case to ship:angry2: . But EZ soy is almost as good. Good Luck and welcome.

What about the KY Puresoy? Anyone use it?

I tried it a loooonnnggg time ago. The KY 125 went wonky and we had to use the puresoy....I HATED it. But I was used to the KY125 and was not prepared for the difference in the wax.

I highly reccommend the KY 125 if you live close enough for shipping to not kill you and you can stand to wait for it to cool enough to pour...:D

tootie

Been using the Puresoy and have wanted to give the KY 125 a try for a while now. But can you tell me some of the differences between the two? Getting ready to order some wax soon and knowing would really help me alot! I live in the Panhandle of Fla. and the shipping from KY is not nearly as bad as some:shocked2: !!!

Thanks Tootie!

Lorraine

The KY125 has cottonseed oil in it. IMO it is easier to wick. I think the 125 has a lower melt point too. There is a fourm on vickies site. There should be some good info over there on both waxes. Dont be afraid to ask. Vicky is a wonderful person and very helpful with questions.

I still get my scents from her.

tootie