Where to get variety of Candle Molds?

Hi Everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and also new to making candles. I want to say that this is a very helpful message board. :o

I am from Northern California and for some reason I am not able to find any candle supply stores besides going to Michael's or Joann's (craft stores).

I am also looking for molds and dont know where is a good cheap place to get them. does anyone know of any place in the bay area or any online stores that sell cheap candle molds?

Also, can we use soap or candle molds? :confused: If so, that would give me more designs to choose from.

I am looking for molds that some of you guys have of foods (e.g. lemon pie ~ that looked great!)

Sorry for the all the questions.

Thanks for your help

Jess :smiley2:

Hi there,,I dont know how cheap you want to go but I know Michaels molds are expensive. I order from www.peakcandle.com for my wax, wicks and molds as I find them to be reasonable on shipping as they are in Denver.Colo. and I am in Illinois. I have gotten some great molds from the classified section of this board too. You can also try ebay, sometimes you can get some great deals there too,,HTH:grin2: Never be sorry about asking questions!! Im sure others will chime in soon

I'm in Sacramento, so I tend to buy my molds from Peak. However, I don't do any of the food type molds so I can't help you there. Peak does have reasonable shipping to our area for other items you may be looking for!

Pourette is just north of you in Washington State, here is the link http://www.pourette.com/

Ditto on Pourette. That's where I end up buying most of my molds. Based on price comparisons, Pourette's seem the most reasonable to me ... of course I have not researched every place that sells them, just the more common websites.

I buy poly molds & wick pins from Candlewic.

Also, based on price comparisons, I go to Peak's for container tins.