Scent Request

debscent

A customer emailed today asking for candles for her 40th birthday. It's on May 5th, so she'd like to tie in Cinco de Mayo into the theme. Any scent suggestions and from which supplier? I need to act fact to test, because I've never stocked birthday cake scents (smell like cheap vanilla to me).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm not familiar enough with them yet to give you a supplier for it, but if you can find a 'Fried Icecream' Fo that would be a good one. Like Scented said, basicly vanilla & Cinnamon.

Tres Leches Cake (sp?) is what the Mexican culture use a lot as birthday cake... Looks like a normal white cake, but the base of it is literally soaked in a sweet milk. I've received a candle made with this type of FO though and it was very weak. So if you use it, up the % I'd say. (the soggy cake wasn't very good either, lol)

Anything Mango or Guava, Apricot, Mandarin, Tamarind, Vanilla, lime... Sweet Orange & Chili would be a good one.

Now if you find a soapapilla scent, I gotta know lol! Ought to be good with the cinnamon, fried dough, honey and whipped topping. (And some even put a cherry on top)

Otherwise, we could rename to Mexican. Like a salty sea air could become Alcapulco or some such. Even a butt naked might work for that.

And there's this quite interesting FO from Flicker's called Sangre De Grado ... nothing saying it couldn't be renamed to more Mexico instead of South America. It's almost like a powdery Dragon's Blood, but it's not nausiously powdery. Course that's not along the birthday cake theme.