Another batch of soapies!

Oh man, do I still need to figure out just how much pop I need to add to a batch, though this one turned out with more than just a hint of color. I think I like it and may stick with it for this scent, but I'm sure I'll have others I will want to be much bolder.

Live and learn I guess, also in the pic is my next batch of scrub, A-Maize-ing

Facial Scrub. I subbed out the sugar from E's scrub and used grits (they're white instead of the yellow of regular corn meal) I zapped in my bullet to make a much finer grit and added some SLSa for a little foaming action, which I like in my face wash/scrub if i ever buy a commercial one.

Now to wait for these to cure, though I am LOVING using my first batch.. guess It'll have to hold me till then.

post-9332-139458445267_thumb.jpg

Thanks Scented, I'll give that a try in my veggie batch tomorrow.

It's a few shades darker than in the picture, but like I said, I like it for this scent, but know I'm going to have scents I want to be bold n bright.

Thanks Vio, I thought so too, the 'top' has just a slight patterning to it and its soft and pretty.

As for the grits, it was kinda a hard lesson learned, I hadn't thought about just how yellow regular cornmeal is, and had made a batch with some, works wonderfully, but kinda hard to make a pink colored anything when ya start with yellow:o. So I claimed that batch for me and went surfing for white cornmeal and somehow ended up at BulkFoods, and saw farina, when I had the proverbial lightening strike on the brain. GRITS!! Its white hominy ground.. just as good as regular corn ( i actually use grits in my fry batters instead of yellow meal) and if you can eat it, why can't ya scrub with it?!:D