Backwoods fragrances

I do not smell any corn in the pumpkin cornbread. To be honest, I don't really know what I'm smelling except that it's a clean scent to me.

Of the others you listed, Darbla, I've only tried the Tropical Fusion and adore it in both soap and wax. Others from there that I love are the Amazingly Graceful and definitely the Lilac.

It doesn't smell anything like a pumpkin cornbread to me either, didn't like it. I get one from Steve the Candlemakers Store I love. But really love her Honey Gingerbread, it smells great. I haven't tried any others, yet but have a sample of the Blueberry and really like how the OOB smell is, haven't put some other samples I got in wax yet but will before long. Just keep the reviews coming.

How is the Blowing in the Wind in soy? OOB it's a great clean smell and not Downy like, which I hate....

I can smell the cornbread. Its a great fragrance in my parasoy blend. Strong sweet and salt bakery smell and the cornbread makes it perfect. I have a retail customer that pleaded with me to keep this scent. She burns a candle in her shop to draw customers. Whenever she orders she buys out all my pumpkin cornbread candles. It also sells well during fall and holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I made some votives with 'Breeze In The Keys' on 4/27/2008. IGI 4794 wax, LX12 wick. I burned one today and it's not strong at all in this combination; on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it about a 5. It's there, and obvious you've got a candle going, but it's just not enough. I may try it in some GL 70/30 container wax I have.

Darbla

I made some votives with 'Breeze In The Keys' on 4/27/2008. IGI 4794 wax, LX12 wick. I burned one today and it's not strong at all in this combination;...

By chance, did any of you using this find the need to wick up with it? Or maybe it is just a light scent all around?