What's in your soap plans this weekend?

LovelyLathers

I am taking a break from soaping this weekend probably although I do need to do some soap petals & goldfish in a bag. I do need to make lip balms tons of them. I am almost out of them. I also need to make some body butters. I am babysitting my 2 year old grandson on Sat. all day so not much will get done with him around.

Since I finally got my olive oil, that Bastile batch I've been planning and maybe a couple veggie batches to match the lard bathes I did over the last couple days.. I HAVE to figure out how to get my pops bright enough, though I did get a beautiful ITP marble on my first try, second is sitting and waiting for cut.

Maybe I'll work on a couple lotion bars too...

I'm probably going to try and make up my own recipe and make that liquid soap with Z's tut. We'll see. I have a whole slew of votives I need to make, and I also want to get started on the candles for my daughter's sweet 16 party next month. She's having a black and hot pink themed party so I'm making black and pink layered candles as well as just black and jsut pink. I just need to figure out the pink scent I want to use. The black ones will be a vanilla color. I'm thinking maybe some sort of fruity or candy scent for the pink ones. That's about it for this weekend. Not very busy for me. Oh I do have to spring clean the house before the party too, so I'll probably start on that as well. :)

Well soon as I get off my duff, I'm making an extremely large batch of unscented soap and then will get back to wallowing in FOs lol.

I do think Ginger Lime has claimed a mold, sandalwood amber another mold and I'm at a loss for two other FOs to try to soap before I have to pull out more molds ... though I have no more storing room for this stuff to cure sigh. And I should probably look at getting another batch of Kai done, but inbetween there's this lotionmaking class I want to be here for and bathbombs to do and lip balms and I swore by Sunday I would break into my wax ... If it happens it will be a miracle lol!

I need to find me some spearmint leaves in molds. I think I can get them locally, but maybe not.

I did manage to make 75 lip balms tonight. I hate making them but they sell well. I also made some whipped shea.

8Gran, I have never did a pvc pipe but have done them in well washed lye containers. I rubbed them with mineral oil, then when the soap is cold I cut the end off and push it through. But couldn't you make a tube of freezer paper and slide it in?

I'm hoping to get caught up on housework so I can get ready for more soaps. Still testing the last candles I made and I'm always playing with soapcalc. Even if I don't get any soaps done, I'll have a few plans for the next batches done this weekend. :)