Salt Bar Recipe

brempel

Good Morning,

So I put my recipe thru the calculator. I am wondering if this looks right. I am wanting to use cocoa butter because I have no shea left. Will that work? I could also use hemp or avocado. I have those 2 on hand.

Salt Bar

Water-24.32

lye-10.08

castor-3.2

coconut-48

olive-6.4

cocoa-6.4

all in ounces for #4

Bev

You can use anything with the salt bar recipe as long as you have atleast in my opinion 60% Coconut oil to the recipe.

Don't look at the numbers on the soapcalc because it is different when it comes to Salt Bars. I just use it for the lye amount and superfat 8 percent. The combination of the Coconut and Salt is what make the bar lather like crazy.

I saw a Salt Bar the other day that had 80% Coconut and 20 Percent Avacodo you can do just about anything.

Barbara

my own recipe is 100% coconut oil - it's mild despite what CO is like in non-salt soaps.

Coconut oil seems to be the only one that produces lather in the presence of much salt, so you need to focus there. And even then I cannot say I've ever seen one lather like crazy, but the lather will be a very interesting, rich, dense lather that I really like.