What do you do with your FO samples?

pjb31apb

And some of us are jealous about that lol! But it's probably a good thing because I would want to hang out there all the time and they would eventually turn me in as a stalker me thinks.:o

:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: Umm no comment... LOL

Actually the lack of funds kind of keeps me at bay most of the time, but I'll be getting my tax refund and the stimulas check in any time now! LOL

...I look at my fo's like they're gold to me. The free ones would be like free gold. LOL

I'm the same way Vio. FO's are precious to me, too.

My 1oz'ers usually end up as carpet freshener if I don't think it'll make a good scent to wear (don't ask) or I'll throw it in some body oil or M&P to test. If I LIKE it, I'll pass it out & see what other folks think. If I LOVE it, I order larger sizes.

Whether purchased or free, 1oz'ers save me time & money in the long run.

What I do is match some of them up and do the toothpick part test and create house blends. If I like them enough I create them in larger bottles. Or I pour them into sample vials and give them to my customers. More often than not I get enough interest from feedback from them or custom orders than I get a whole bottle.

Or I do double layer limited edition soaps.

I buy them just to see if I like the scent, then I'll buy a pound of it. Sometimes I use the samples, but most of the time I don't--since I use pre-made bases the scent of the oil pretty much stays the same. If it's weak in the bottle, it will be weak in the product.

One ounce sample sizes are good enough for using in light bulb rings, body sprays, room sprays, sachets, potpourri, or scenting silk flowers.

I'm trying to use them more! 1oz FO plus 12oz wax makes one large tumbler tester, one small tumbler tester, and usually one tin tester with maybe some leftovers for tealights. But the funny thing is I still don't use my samplers in candles a lot yet. I do use them in B&B stuff -- scrubs or lotions or shower gels.