Soy Wax, FO formula and why it separates?

Looking for HELP!

We are trying to do all natural soy candles so we don't know what to do if we are going to stick with C-3 Cargill Soy Wax. Here's the weird thing. I poured some really beautiful tumbler candles last week and let them sit for a few days. They looked great right until we lit them which is when they got their 'wet spots' isn't that strange?? What could be causing this? Is there an all natural additive that we can add to keep the adherance? Thanks everyone for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

Thank you.

I use Cargill C-3 soy wax and tumblers - 2.5" diameter, 3" tall

I am having problems wicking - getting right wick - trying zinc core (not good) and also hemp core. Any suggestion?

Do you have any supplier recomendations ?

Thank you for all yoru help!:confused:

Being a new candle maker can start out confusing. Don’t worry, you will make a lot of mistakes in the beginning, but just keep moving forward and learning from them. Don’t ever get discouraged. Don’t ever think any of your questions are dumb. Everyone on here has asked every sort of question before so don’t feel bad. You may want to start with some of these fragrance oil companies: Peaks, Sweet Cakes, Candlewic or King House. Those are the ones I see people use the most. With Cargill C-3 wax, you want to heat to about 165 and remove from heat, stir in your FO (1 - 1 1/2 oz per lb) and let cool down to around 100 degrees then pour. For wicks, I have had great sucess with RRDs with that wax and those tumblers. Try the RRD 50 or 55.

You can't. Fragrance oils are made up of hundreds of aromachemicals, which might include essential oils. They are beyond homemaking...

For example, here's a list of the ingredients found in fragrance oils

http://www.immuneweb.org/articles/fragrancelist.html

PS I am just trying to make then as much "natural" as I can, then essential oils are probably the best option?

Esential Oils are not a good idea if this is your first outing in candle making. It will be months before you can sell so buy youself a soy container candle kit and start there. It has everything in it that you need and you just follow the direction. You'll learn more and spend less time and money if you start by learning with a kit.

Thanks for the feedback! We quickly realized that Soy and Essential Oils don't really blend well. The cold throw is terrible and the hot throw not much better. Do you know of any companies that can custom blend fragrance oils for us?