This Old House - what category

Holly

For those of you who use the oil, what category do you put it in? From the description it would appear to be under the food/bakery category but to me it just does not fit it right. It isn't really spicy to me either to go under spicy. When someone asks me how this one smells, I really can't describe it very well. Any ideas? Thanks.

Does it smell like Norm Abram? :P

For those of you who use the oil, what category do you put it in? From the description it would appear to be under the food/bakery category but to me it just does not fit it right. It isn't really spicy to me either to go under spicy. When someone asks me how this one smells, I really can't describe it very well. Any ideas? Thanks.

Norm is the original host of This Old House, a PBS series about fixing up old New England homes...

If I had to guess, a combo of Pine sawdust, sweaty guy and maybe even NE Clam Chowder?? He is from Massachusetts... Probably not that appealing as a FO...:undecided

LOL That's right! I knew it sounded familiar. I forgot his name totally and even forgot about the show. Only watched it a few times.

I find it a fall/winter scent, apple comes through.

I agree, apple comes through the most. I don't have a fall and winter category. I thought about putting it under fruit but was not sure on that. To me it is really not very descriptive....if that is the right word.

It smells like a stinking musty old house. Yuck. Fall and Winter. :undecided

LMBO It is the same as Salt City's Welcome Home....which I changed the name to. Although, I think This Old House fits it better but was unsure what people would think. lol I used to really love this one when I bought it from SC, but now that I pour it I don't really like it as much as I used to. I do have customers that like it, but I have not had it long enough to really know how well it is going to do. I think it is one of those that you either love it or hate it!

To me it smells real spicy, never thought about it smelling foody or fruity.

I don't really think it smells "foody" either, but the description given has food scents in it.....applesauce, and I think it even mentioned cinnamon rolls. :confused:

Here is TCS's description:

Welcome Home ~ Warm applesauce, hot ginger cookies & out of the oven cinnamon rolls capture your senses for the holiday feast

I got mine from tncandlesupply and that is their description also. I got Welcome Home from JS and her Welcome Home does smell bakery. That is what can be so confusing, when different suppliers fo's have the same name but they smell totally different. To me the 2 are not even close.

I got mine from tncandlesupply and that is their description also. I got Welcome Home from JS and her Welcome Home does smell bakery. That is what can be so confusing, when different suppliers fo's have the same name but they smell totally different. To me the 2 are not even close.

Actually, I accidentally forgot to change the name to This Old House in the description I posted. I am so used to using the name Welcome Home now. That is TCS description that I posted. I changed the name to Welcome Home because that is what I am used to...it is the exact same scent as Salt City's Welcome Home.

I don't really think it smells "foody" either, but the description given has food scents in it.....applesauce, and I think it even mentioned cinnamon rolls. :confused:

Here is TCS's description:

Welcome Home ~ Warm applesauce, hot ginger cookies & out of the oven cinnamon rolls capture your senses for the holiday feast

The TCS description in my above post should say "This Old House" not Welcome Home. I forgot to write in the right scent name.

Norm is the original host of This Old House, a PBS series about fixing up old New England homes...

If I had to guess, a combo of Pine sawdust, sweaty guy and maybe even NE Clam Chowder?? He is from Massachusetts... Probably not that appealing as a FO...:undecided

HAHAHAHAHA :P

I just can't figure this scent out. Its definitely a love/hate relationship! LOL I pick up an apple type scent, then there is a slight pine scent that my dh picks up but its weird. I don't think I've ever sold one candle in this scent so that probably tells me something...think I'll probably pass on it next time! Hey or maybe I could just change the name and it would sell like hotcakes, who knows, its happened before!

Super strong, hot cinnamon, apples, vanilla and sugar crystals blended together - that is JS description of Welcome Home

Where did you get This Old House?

TCS....but I changed the name to Welcome Home because it is exactly like Salt City's Welcome Home that I used to buy and I think the name Welcome Home sounds more appealing than This Old House

This is a non-descript fo. We put it in our "Spices and Such". We added cedar to the description, I definately smell cedar in it. It is one of our top sellers.

I agree, it is very nondescript and the does not fit that description that it is given except for the apple. And...you are right...I think I detect cedar too but just could not put my finger on it. It is definitely different and a love/hate kind of scent. When I first smelled it, I LOVED it, but not as much now.