1343 hurricanes

Hey Ducky.....Gloss Poly will make it more opaque. If you are making large diameter canes it isn't a problem, when I make small ones, even with 5055, I make them shorter and put a little "fill" wax in the bottom to raise up the tea lite. Using the plastic tea lites allows the light to glow better than the metal ones. I use micro 180, 1/2 oz pp and it doesn't make it too opaque and gives if more strength, because I do all kinds of torture treatments to my candles.....they go through a lot to come out looking pretty. (I hope)..

Donita

Well, grrrr... the only micro I have is the tacky wax...LOL. The only hardening additives I have are the gloss poly and stearic. I wish there was somplace close I could go pick up some hurricane wax, but the shipping is just a killer! I really want to practice embedding in the hurricane, but just can't afford to order anything extra at this moment. Even if it makes it more opaque, I may try anyway... just to see :shocked2:

Do you have clear crystals? You can use them too. If you INSIST on using the gloss poly, then use a tiny amount. If you make the candle walls on the thin side they should glow through just fine. I just found that I can't use anything but micro 180 in the photo canes because then the photo isn't perfectly clear, but for a decorated cane, like one with flowers or shells, it isn't so critical. Donita

Now it's time to get off this computer and start melting my wax. Ho Ho Ho