Wine Festivals

ebarnes

We have an annual wine festival here in my town. I myself prefer to not to do this one because of the set up. They spread the wine booths among the crafting booths. Problem is the wine booths dray large crowds that block the crafter booths. Many crafters swear they will not do the show because their customers are blocked off and their sales are poor as a result.

So I say it would depend on the logistics of the show. How is it set up? Are the wine booths seperate from the craft booths?

You may also get a lot of people attending the show but are they there for the wine or to spend money at your craft booth.

We get 15,000 - 20,000 at our wine festival but I make 2-4 times as much going to an out of town show for a craft festival instead.

I've participated as a drunken fool. :cool2:

Never seen any candles available at one of these venues. One would think that people drinking would loosen their wallets a bit. Unless there was music or some type of entertainment. That might put the kibosh on any recreational spending or browsing.

Logistics would matter as well, what state are you in?

When we lived in Temecula we'd go to it every year. It was always packed with people and I've bought candles (this is what got me started in candles!) and b & b products there. I couldn't tell you how well they do, but the same people seem to come back to sell year after year so they must do ok. With a draw of that many, I'd certainly try it this year to see...depending on the fee to be there.