Can batch be saved? or toss it?

Billie

I have made 7 batches of soap since my first one posted, no problem. I made a double batch of OP 7 days ago, cut after two days and it is still soft. Don't know if I goofed on measuring or what. It looked gelled and I did the taste test and it seemed fine but it is still really soft. Do I cook it again or is it a goner? TIA

Billie

Hi

castor oil 10%

crisco 20%

cco 10%

oo 60%

I left the soapcalc as it was, water 38 and superfat 5

It was 41.8 oz. water and 14.61 lye. I did add titanium dioxide which was different than the other batches and I used my water softener water instead of distilled. It was my version for sensitive skin to save on OO and it worked fine for 73 oz. oil. I was going for 110 oz. of oil this time but I ran it through soapcalc again. Thanks

I was reading about Castor Oil on another forum and it said that over 5% it would affect the initial hardness of the soap and make it harden slower. I found this to be true when I upped the castor to 10% in my recipe and the soap feels spongy for several weeks before hardening up.