I am wanting white soap and was wondering what's the best stuff to use

Tammie

You can do a lard soap too to get a whiter type soap. I asked this question before and was told that I could also use titanium dioxide but that it can make your soap chalky. I've never used the titanium dioxide but did to a lard soap and it turned out white. ;)

Crafty1, do you notice your soap tracing really fast when using titanium dioxide? I have only used it once and the batch turned out really nice in the end, but It set up incredibly fast when I was pouring it. It is a very hard bar of soap with lots of bubbles now. I like the idea of having the contrast of white with other colors, but I am nervous about working with it again.

How much Titanium do you use per pound of oil. Is there some sort of starting point with this stuff?

Andy

Andy, I use the water soluable one. I take 1 TBS and mix it with some water (like cornstarch when you are making gravy) when it's all dissolved, I add to the traced soap and add more until it's the color I want.

Truthfully, I don't use it much. It does give the soap a chalky appearance in the shower. Sincer I am making a natural soap, I don't mind the color being natural. Lard will make a whiter soap. I've done as much as 50% lard and it was super light.

e