Idea about bath bombs...

BruceCarvesWax

I had a idea last weekend at the mall about how to package my bath bombs and have never seen anyone do this. (i know I have a warped mind) How about taking a bath bomb, round one and make them look like a cherry bomb? You wrap them tight in bright red paper and put a wick coming out of the package so it looks like a fuse? Get the picture? Anyone ever heard of or seen anyone do this before? You could use red marker on the end of the wick to make it look like its a burning fuse, have a cool hang tag on it with fun names like cherry bomb, burning love, light my fire.. all kinds of names for scents you already have. I think that younger girls would snatch them up like hot cakes. Just a idea I had when I had a slow hour and was brainstorming. Bruce

So Bruce, when are you going to post a pic of your new idea?! :grin2:

I wish I had the time to try it! I leave in the am to set up my christmas show will be there til Jan. WE are going to take turns working the show, but if im home I will be making candles for sure. OH found something else cool. I use the clear round things from kangaroo blue to make my bombs with. We left some bombs in the balls for a day or two on accident and the scent oil make the plastic crack. Messed up almost the whole dozen! I was at a dollar store called deals on sunday and they had some "sweettarts" candy in a metal ball (ornament) that was the same size as the plastic molds I screwed up. I was thinking about just selling them in the metal ball, they are really nice looking. If I dont sell them in the ball, I will use the balls to make the bombs anyway. I guess I need to drive back and see how many they have and hey, I get sweettarts too!!!! Bruce

Sounds cute :) I know I've heard someone tell a story about a customer that was offended by the "bath bomb" name, didn't like anything called bomb "how could you call something with such a violent name" lol.. guess they had *no* sense of humor ;)

I think it sounds like a neat marketing thing...

I wish I had the time to try it! I leave in the am to set up my christmas show will be there til Jan. WE are going to take turns working the show, but if im home I will be making candles for sure. OH found something else cool. I use the clear round things from kangaroo blue to make my bombs with. We left some bombs in the balls for a day or two on accident and the scent oil make the plastic crack. Messed up almost the whole dozen! I was at a dollar store called deals on sunday and they had some "sweettarts" candy in a metal ball (ornament) that was the same size as the plastic molds I screwed up. I was thinking about just selling them in the metal ball, they are really nice looking. If I dont sell them in the ball, I will use the balls to make the bombs anyway. I guess I need to drive back and see how many they have and hey, I get sweettarts too!!!! Bruce

You will be at a show until January!!!!!!!!!!!WOW

What about after the bomb dissolves and you've got the string/fuse floating around in the tub? That doesn't seem very desirable.

Back from the show! I think the "fuse" would be attached to the underside of the paper wrap so that when you unwrap it the wick will come off with the packaging and you will just have the 2 halves of the bomb. Solved !Warning labels, LOL I will just put something on the "fuse" so they cant light it. I know there is a chemical you can use.... cant think right now but it will come to me. :) Bruce

Back from the show! I think the "fuse" would be attached to the underside of the paper wrap so that when you unwrap it the wick will come off with the packaging and you will just have the 2 halves of the bomb. Solved !Warning labels, LOL I will just put something on the "fuse" so they cant light it. I know there is a chemical you can use.... cant think right now but it will come to me. :) Bruce

Perhaps simply twisting the paper more so that it looks like a paper fuse.. if you used a larger piece, like tissue paper, and then twist real tight.. or, use like a gold (or white) twister seal and wrap it around the paper real tight.. would negate the need for a warning on it..