help! can't get colour right

What kind of dye are you using? If you are using liquid dye, and don't have a burgandy color, using red with black works. The way that I test out color (I use liquid dye) is to put in one drop at a time, then use a wooden skewer to put a drop of color onto a white ceramic tile after I stir it. I keeping adding drops and testing them until I get the shade I want. Then I record how many drops I use on an excel spreadsheet so when I make that color again I will know how many drops I used. I am not sure what to do if you aren't using liquid. Powder dye is harder to get exact measurements. Hope it helps!

If you would like less random answers you'll need to tell us what the problem is exactly since we can't see your candle. Also the type of wax and the type of dye would be useful.

Keep in mind you will need a small amount of dye to get such a dark color in straight paraffin and a large amount if you are using a preblended wax or putting in additives.