Mold release tip

For those that use mold release spray in their molds. I was contemplating buying some from the local craft store however I found the price to be almost 9 dollars! (I've seen it mail order for as much as $12.00!) My Wife, Linda suggested I try some no-brand name no-stick spray. She had one she got from a dollar store for less than 2 bucks! It worked super! I found that if you give as short a squirt as your fingers can manage about 5 inches from the mouth of the mold it works fine.

Find the no-brand name stuff, the stuff named, "Pam" costs more.

Comments ????

Soja :cool2:

That's what I've always used :). The no-name generic spray at my grocery store is about $2.25 and one can lasts forever. For most applications I don't need mold release, but on rustic pillars I do, so I find I can go 6 months on one can......

DanaE

I used Butter before i used Vegetable oil. It's not because i'm a cheapskate it's because i'm not keen on Chemicals and ingredients that seem alien. Its the same with electricity really. Why can't people just use candles instead of harsh industrial like lighting. Candles are much more relaxing and nostalgic. Sorry i have gone off topic a little!

..or you could try using non-porous, polished, flexible, vinal molds. The soaps just pop out and you don't have to worry about tainting your soap at all.
Your products are interesting but you can't use the forum for advertising except according to the rules. Contact the admin about access to the supplier section.