Fuel Smell When burning Soy???

Anyone else have this problem?? With some scents I get a horrible fuel smell when burning my soy candles. I have noticed this with Candy Cane, and now I'm getting it with SHAMPURE (AVEDA) from Soy candle suppliers.

It's almost like kerosene.

Thanks!!!;)

As far as I know, it isn't the soy that's the problem - it's the FO. I've had that happen to a few FO's in the past and it was really gross. But it's happened in paraffin as well, so that's why I don't think it's really connected to the soy.

Only thing you can do about it is not use those FO's. That's why its important to test and know before you sell it to someone ;)

Certain fo's seem to do burn with a fuel smell and yes you'll only notice it with a flame, so wickless and tarts won't do it. Citrus scents and heavy mints do it the worst for me. Some I could get to the point of no fuel smell and others I quit using with a wick and only use for wickless and melts/tarts.

You can try cutting back on the amount of oil used or mixing in something else with the oil...example would be to add a little strawberry fo to that candy cane and it may get rid of the fuel smell.