how long do tarts last??

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Can anyone tell me the expected life of a tart (1.25oz) in use. I have tested them, but after a while I can't smell them so I have no clue how long they really last. (I seem to get used to a smell very quickly)

TIA

I get used to the scent in a few hours..... I would have to keep going in and out of my house to get a true time.

I have had testers say anywhere from 20hours to a 60+. One person left for the weekend and forgot to turn her wamer off. She could still smell it when they got home days later.

ETA: I like how when I search I can't find what I want. But that "similar threads" thing at the bottom is always got what I want!!

It really can vary quite a bit depending on scent. I've had some 1/2 oz cubes last all day and others are gone in 4 hours. I've never had one last 60 hours, but that doesn't mean they won't. For this reason, I don't give any expected time to my customers...if they ask, I tell them everyone's nose varies and the time frames varies with it...same with wicked candles, scent and the way they burn them causes the time they last to vary tremendously.

Just proves no matter how safe you make your product..... someone can still do something stupid with it!!

Sad but sooooo true!!! :undecided

'Course if the melt was in a container, the worst thing that could have happened would have been the wax catching fire and smoking the place up a little... With a woodburner, it probably would not have caused much of a problem, because underneath and all around for some distance is fire resistant materials. :wink2:

But a woodburner does get way too hot for a little melt! I'll bet it did cook that sucker to well-done in no time flat!! :laugh2:

Crafty1 AJ

I totally agree with that... I had a person set one on top of their woodburner.... the smell was gone in no time.

Cooked the smell right out of it! LOL

Yeah, some peeps are just not the brightest crayon in the box. I had a lady email to ask me if I could make the melts bigger cuz when she puts them into her fireplace :shocked2: the scent only lasts about 15 mins!! I asked her if she read the instructions about only using in a burner/warmer...she said yes, but she thought it would make the wood smell better! OH MY! :D