My "Canola" Soap firmed up....

Michi

and NO zap today! And it's got awesome lather already! :whoohoo:

It's still pretty soft (like firm cheesecake) but I was anxious to see it. LOL

Although it's pretty soft, it's also kinda crumbly, which is weird to me, contradictory really. Oh well.

I love how the colors turned out, just wish they would have went down in the soap, but my colored portions were just too thick.

Oh it's Coconut Lime Verbena from Peak, and it doesn't really smell like BBW's but it smells good and it's STRONG, think I'll use less next time.

Gotta give a shout out to everyone who helped me come up with some recipes using canola oil-this is Meredith's recipe, but I plan on trying the others as well. :D

post-379-139458443575_thumb.jpg

post-379-139458443577_thumb.jpg

post-379-139458443581_thumb.jpg

Michi, I love your colors and swirls! It turned out pretty! And glad to hear it started to firm up alot sooner than your other ones have. I bet they smell really yummy.

I too have a problem with my colored portions getting really thick, so thank you Barbara for mentioning you add a little more water to them when it happens.

and NO zap today! And it's got awesome lather already! :whoohoo:

It's still pretty soft (like firm cheesecake) but I was anxious to see it. LOL

Although it's pretty soft, it's also kinda crumbly, which is weird to me, contradictory really. Oh well.

I love how the colors turned out, just wish they would have went down in the soap, but my colored portions were just too thick.

Oh it's Coconut Lime Verbena from Peak, and it doesn't really smell like BBW's but it smells good and it's STRONG, think I'll use less next time.

Gotta give a shout out to everyone who helped me come up with some recipes using canola oil-this is Meredith's recipe, but I plan on trying the others as well. :D

Do I know how to come up with recipes or not? I"m frickin' awesome. :meditate::D I pretty much pulled that recipe out my back side. :rolleyes2:laugh2:But seriously, I'm glad it worked out for you. Hopefully it will firm up. I like the colors. Makes me think of summer!!

Looks GREAT Michele!!

Is this your first CP (I can't remember):embarasse

Looks awesome either way- luving the colors you chose for the scent... and those swirls all the way through will come in time. Layering is the best way to get the swirls all the way through.

:highfive:

Thanks everyone! :)

I made two more batches over the weekend (will posy pics tomorrow if I can cut them. ??) Two different recipes.

Now I REALLY need to get on the ball and order some more oils!

I've got the soap itch really bad and if I run out of oils I'm gonna be extremely mad! Grrrrrr