** What's in your pot this weekend? **

Does it feel like spring in your area, or are you still in the depths of winter? I'm finding it hard to stay inside and work when it's nice outside :)

Labeling lip balms is in the forecast for this weekend - I've got about a hundred to do. And I've got some orders that need to ship, I'm a bit behind.

I'm also waiting for an offer on a new job - I really think I've got it, so maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll be able to post in off topic. (Jewelry making people might be a wee bit jealous ;) )

Have a great weekend, and have fun!

We're still in deep winter here. Actually, we have a huge storm coming in today from the forecasts. We've had a good 10 feet of snow so far and more to come, but spring will be here soon enough. ;)

I have a ton of new fo's here and nothing to do with them this weekend and I'm really upset about it. Have a yukky cold and can't smell a thing and just don't feel safe making this stuff when I can't smell. If I do get my smell back though, I'm going to try out the Peak's Ocean I got, in some C-3. Can't wait to smell it in a candle!

Hope that job comes through for you Robin! *crossing fingers for you*

I too hope the job comes through for you Robin!

I soaped a 2# batch of CP soap last night. New recipe that I was forced to tweak and add a scent to it I can live without! Patchulie from Peaks!

I hope to soap again this weekend and this time I'll use a scent I LOVE! Green Clover and Aloe by Peaks. Couldn't get it throw in my C-3 but got it to throw in tars and I have customers who love the tarts!

Vio, You can PM me with you questions on the C-3. I've been using it as my wax since the very first day my supplier carried it four years ago!

BTW Vio, did you know I went to college in Maine? I lived in Ft Kent Maine for three years and I LOVED it! Maine is my favorite state.

We got snow here too. About 5 inches on the ground right now with another 2-3 inches expected today. I haven't been anywhere since Monday!

Fire

Guest LightofDawn

We are in the process of getting 2-4 inches here. I've been complaining to my boss about it all morning. I guess I should be greatful it is not 10 Feet. Oh my, I would probably not come out of my house until spring.

Vio, I've poured Peaks Ocean in C3 and I thought it was awesome. Great hot and cold throw. I don't think you will be dissappointed. Have you tried those wicks yet?

I'm pouring the following:

MC Warm vanilla sugar

NG Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Peaks Mango Papaya - I think I am going to love this one :drool:

Good luck on the new job Robin!

Fire thank you and that's cool that you went to college here!!! Some of the best colleges are up here in NE. Maine is a great state indeed! I live way south but have been up to the very top, and it's more and more beautiful as you go up further. Amazing state. I'm originally from NJ. Bergen County area to be more precise. I move up this way about 8 years ago now. Husband got a nice job up this way, so off we went. Much different from NJ, but I'm used to it already. Love the snow. More coming too.

Thank you on the C-3 thing too, I will remember that and if I need help, will remember I have you to go to for help with it! So far anything to do with C-3 here, I've gotten soo much info I haven't had to ask all too much. But I'm sure one day I will need to run an fo by someone and it's great to know I have another to pm with it! Thank you!!! :)

Dawn no. I'm pathetically slow these days. I got distracted with the soap making and was actually going to make up a few jars with the new wicks the other day, then I got sick. My dad was in a bad way the past week before I got sick too, and just couldn't really concentrate so have been avoiding anything to do with thinking if you know what I mean. He's ok now though thank God, so now I'm just waiting on this darned cold to lift so I can smell again. I don't feel comfortable doing this with no smell. I also just feel yukky, so better to not even try it like this. Soon though and I will be sure to pm you with my results thank you for the help and can't wait to try the Ocean now for sure!!!! :D

Three nephews! Well, they're not technically "in my pot" (Okay, now I feel sort of like the Hansel & Gretel witch ;) ) but I've got three nephews coming today for a three day visit. At first I was going to put all the candle stuff away so that my work table would be a dining table again but changed my mind. I think the boys will enjoy making a few pillars to take home to their mom. And they'll love test-burning the new fragrances I poured this week.

We're starting to get the occasional springlike day. We may have a few more cold days left, but not many - I'm wearing sandals today, and it's wonderful. :D

In the pot this weekend - new wax! I'm going to give the GL 1285 a go. They're local, I can pick it up, and given the increases all around, I figure it's worth a trip to try out a ten-pound bag of the wax. I'm going to pick up some of their FOs, too. Not quite sure which ones, but I'll likely be playing with something new this weekend.

It's been snowing all day, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

I cleaned out my candle stuff and relized I have a whole bunch of stuff that I could be playing with.

So this weekend between cleaning my carpets and washing clothes. B&B wise I will be tweaking my body butter recipe for the umpteenth time and possibly making some bath melts.

Candle wise I will be testing my wickless jars and pouring candles in my new jars for testing during the week.

Mindy

Cleaning out jars to make new testers.... I have someone who really, really loves Red Currant (Peak's is close enough to Votivo's for per) and I really need to get that tested in some containers other than a 2oz jar and tealights.....

I'm also going to try formulating a nice foot scrub for a co-worker's wife. She runs marathons and really abuses her feet. ;)

I'm also on a lip balm kick, need to do a resupply so I mixed up a master batch and am taking a few ounces at a time to flavor.

I really want to try my hand at Whipped Shea, too. Don't know if I'll manage it, though.

Signs of Spring around here, little bits of green grass n such, and my Long-Tailed Swallows have returned to build another nest over my front patio electric plugs.

Jill, don't feel too witchy, I've always got kids in my pot for the weekend.. theres just no school to send em off to ;)

Probably not too much in the pot otherwise, we have some uninvited guests in the kitchen and its time to blitz them. So all my candle stuff and the beginnings of my B&B stuff has to be packed up and put into my storage room for the day.

I don't even want to think about the possibility of bug juice embedding itself into my 20#s of wax or my what seems like a hundred jars and mods n stuff.... And I'm pretty sure that stuff is no good as an addition to B&B:o

So I'm off to the home show on Saturday and I'll prolly spend Sunday cleaning up the aftermath of carcasses... Anyone wanna help?:eek:

----

Libby

Kaylors Kreations