trying again

Aprilann

Let's see if this works....

105ez8.th.jpg

If so, this is the messed up one from last night. I melted it and repoured at 178. If I get this picture thing down I'll be posting it soon. I really want it to look nice and I really appreciate all of the help from you guys :smiley2:

Well thank you so much :smiley2: . I'm not really sure what I was trying to achieve either, lol. I would like for it to smell nice and not burn my house down. Everything you all do looks so fabulous though, it's hard to live up to that :wink2:

Practice, practice, more practice, read, read, test, test, test and then test some more. Only reason you should have to worry about it burning down your house is if you go off and leave it unattended. While test burning make sure you have it on a proper container and away from anything that may get next to the fire or anyone/thing that could knock it over.

You'll do fine and be fine. Did you scent it? I can't remember if you said or not. Let us know how the test burn goes for ya. :wink2:

To me, Aprilann, it's better to make a first candle with flaws so that one can learn how they happened and how to correct them. Our first candles were a FRIGHT! But they taught us a LOT! (Like lay off the high-visibility yellow dye chips or wear sunglesses indoors!:laugh2:)

I think you made a lovely candle and can hardly wait to hear how the burn tests go. :)

Your candle looks nice....and you are learning. I am glad the remelted one came out more to your liking. Do you see what you did to make it look different? My very first candles were really stupid (smile) Donita

But then I found this forum board and improved right away.:)

It turned out just fine, even if it's not what you were expecting. Those little surprises are what helps us learn. Now when you WANT to do a rustic, you'll already have some idea how to go about it ;)

As for burning uneven... if the wick is centered in the candle, it should catch up and even out after a while.

In my experience there are 2 kinds of wick. Ones that mushroom and ones that curl. There are probably some out there that don't do either, but I haven't seen many...lol. Wicks that curl (to make themselves self-trimming) tend to make a lopsided melt pool but it usually evens out. Some people swear that twisting the wick will make it melt even, but that hasn't ever worked for me :embarasse